How can I disable volume rocker changing text size in SMS?

allanw123

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
This is the stupidest feature I can think of! I need this rubbish disabled as i constantly change volume when on SMS screen. I can see how this would be useful for old people that cant read small text or are constantly fiddling with the text size, but its useless and INFURIATING for me!

DaMaRa1109

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Open the messages app. Go to settings. There's a option to resize text with volume buttons u need to un-check. Whenever u do so it'll stay at the size u left it before u unchecked it.

Jedi2155

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
This is one of those things I really hate about Samsung. Can't stand this feature but it seems that if I turn it off, my text always returns to a default large font size. I want the smallest font possible on my phone.

I also change my volume constantly so it was a really annoying feature seeing my text always getting bigger and smaller.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
This is one of those things I really hate about Samsung. Can't stand this feature but it seems that if I turn it off, my text always returns to a default large font size. I want the smallest font possible on my phone.

I also change my volume constantly so it was a really annoying feature seeing my text always getting bigger and smaller.

That's odd. My text size stays the same as what I had it set to after turning off the volume button setting.

ABOSWORTH007

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Mine doesn't do that. I always have my font set to the smallest size. I just went and turned off the option to change font size with volume keys and it stayed small.

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Well I'll be ...... I never knew the volume rockers did that . LOL . I never push the volume rockers while i'm txting .

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
never noticed that happening, but then, the OEM message app is useless for me.

I switched to Go SMS Pro

Text Size? LARGE and leave it that way. i hate to pull out my bifocals every time a message comes in.

You young whipper snappers just don't appreciate what you have with young eyeballs. 65 years ago, I could real that small print too..... 65 years from now, none of you will be able to read that ridiculously small print. And that is a God Given Promise.... Nature don't lie.

bIOforger

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
You young whipper snappers just don't appreciate what you have with young eyeballs. 65 years ago, I could real that small print too..... 65 years from now, none of you will be able to read that ridiculously small print. And that is a God Given Promise.... Nature don't lie.

Youth is wasted on the young ;)

Buttergolem

May 12, 2015
Visit site
This issue is back on the Galaxy S6 and the Messages app, with no way of disabling the volume rockers from changing the text size. I've scoured the Options interface and found nothing.

Young_Flame784

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Thank you SOOOOOO much for this it was driving me crazy how big my text got and I just got the S6 this is my first Android device I have had nothing BUT APPLE products and I must say I wish I switched sooner I love it!

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I officially love Android Central. This was driving me nuts too. Why this would be on at default I do not know. "Hey Samsung team! Now that you've disabled the bleeps and bloops of the past, can you find something else that people don't want set by default? How about putting little pictures of planes and cars in front of the text messages bubbles? And increasing the font with the volume rocker?"

Posted via the GS6 Active. Manly edition.

theShiz

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
This sucks. I'm on the Galaxy S6 active and they've completely removed the option to not have the font size change with the volume key. Sucks too because I really like the text messaging app but looks like I'm going to have to download the mySMS app or Textra to get what I want. I didn't realize how much I use the volume keys when I'm in the middle of texting, or if I'm texting and talking to someone at the same time. Stop. doing. stupid. stuff. Samsung! Just changing things for the sake of changing things sometimes.

Posted via the GS6 Active. Manly edition.