Dalvik vs ART

corvonik

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
Kinda late here lol, but I figured I'd offer my two cents anyways. So, I run nova launcher on my Galaxy s5 and I found that while using ART, the app startup from my Nova desktop takes a bit longer, but once the app has been initialized, it runs just as fast if not better in comparison to Dalvik. When opening an app from the app drawer, there is no lag at all, fast and instant. Ps, I have not tried using TouchWiz or anybody her launcher.

GS5TR

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsung recommends to use ART for 1 to 3 days just to check it out, when its fully operating Dalvik will dissapear.

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
I was using art for two weeks I didnt notice any change for better or worse as fas as lag or speed or watever. I cant remember what exactly the problems were [becuz tht was awhile ago and I've had this phone for quite awhile now] but a few of the galaxys5 features were not functioning on art so I had to switch back.

Posted via the Android Central App

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
I've switched my G3 on art about 2h ago, hm what ca i say... Maybe improves a lil' bit on performance, but it's too soon to say. On battery it's definetly too soon to say :). One problem i've meet till now, i can't unlock the phone, it's turning on and off, pressing the unlock button it is turning on but after a sec it turns back off... It did that for a min and then i manage to unlock it. I think it's from the circle case but not sure, i'll come back with more details.
P.S. sorry for that crappy english !

Posted from Lg G3

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Never apologize for language issues. Your English is just fine...

You at least have multi-language capabilities, where as myself, I never learned anything except the most basic of Spanish in a 6 day crash course.

Then when I quit working with Hispanics, I lost all that I learned and have not had to converse with a Hispanic person in Spanish for over 5 years.

Now, for ART mode.

I switched to ART mode about 2 or 3 months ago. I "thought that" it seemed to be a bit faster, a bit smoother in scrolling. But even that may have been "masked because" I installed Nova Prime launcher about about the same time.

I used to switch back to the TouchWiz launcher once in a while during the first week or two when something was not where I wanted it to be in my Nova launcher screens. But now that I have everything where it should be in Nova, I have not gone back to TouchWiz in a very long time.

Nova and Apex launchers are both very flexible in allowing us to make our phone perform to our own needs.

ksm09

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
After another 2h i can say it's a lot faster, i've changed the animations to 0,5 and deleted the home screen with lg health (i think this do all the magic) no more lag after closing a game or exiting from an havier app or something. Btw the model is 855.

Posted from Lg G3

9rlife

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
after removing all the stock samsung apps about a month ago on my samsung S5, i did notice a performance improvement. However, Now after switching from Dalvik to Art, my phone was greatly improved... more so than just removing stock apps.. it is Super fast.... switching between apps is flawless.. scrolling is seamless.... S5 on T-Mobile