Photos Disappearing/Deleting - How to Stop That?

kristimallen

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

This isn't a major problem since the phone is only a week old and I didn't lose a lot of photos and was able to recover most of them in the Trash in Photos. Thank you to whoever posted that in these forums.

However, I want to figure out why they are getting deleted and get that stopped so I don't lose anymore.

I know for a fact that I did NOT delete them. I turned off Picassa because I read that on here. Basically when Picassa was on I lost all the photos I took with the camera, but the camera photos did NOT store to the Picassa or Google+ albums. Right now only 2 sit in my camera folder. I know for a fact I took photos of my boyfriend and I at a concert and photos of our new kayak.

Is there a setting that I missing? I do have a Samsung Pro 32 GB SD card in my phone and I have photos being stored there now.

Any help would be appreciated on how not to lose anymore photos. Thanks!!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hello All,

This isn't a major problem since the phone is only a week old and I didn't lose a lot of photos and was able to recover most of them in the Trash in Photos. Thank you to whoever posted that in these forums.

However, I want to figure out why they are getting deleted and get that stopped so I don't lose anymore.

I know for a fact that I did NOT delete them. I turned off Picassa because I read that on here. Basically when Picassa was on I lost all the photos I took with the camera, but the camera photos did NOT store to the Picassa or Google+ albums. Right now only 2 sit in my camera folder. I know for a fact I took photos of my boyfriend and I at a concert and photos of our new kayak.

Is there a setting that I missing? I do have a Samsung Pro 32 GB SD card in my phone and I have photos being stored there now.

Any help would be appreciated on how not to lose anymore photos. Thanks!!

Hello, and welcome to Android Central!
You said photos are being stored in an SD Card now. They weren't in there correct?

You can try downloading ES File Explorer, and search for the photos on your phone.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=pGU6dpBl

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Were you storing the photos directly to the SD card when they were disappearing? Or were you using Internal Storage, and then changed to SD card when the photos started disappearing?

If you've been using the SD card all along, then be aware that Samsung devices seem to have more problems than others when it comes to handling SD cards. We see a fair amount of problems raised in these forums about lost photos, corrupt files, music files that won't play, etc.

kristimallen

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Were you storing the photos directly to the SD card when they were disappearing? Or were you using Internal Storage, and then changed to SD card when the photos started disappearing?

If you've been using the SD card all along, then be aware that Samsung devices seem to have more problems than others when it comes to handling SD cards. We see a fair amount of problems raised in these forums about lost photos, corrupt files, music files that won't play, etc.

I was storing them on Internal Storage - got the card in the mail a couple of days ago. Saw the post with a photo attached that showed how to store photos on SD card and did that today. So it was Internal Storage until today.

I will keep checking the Trash folder in Photos to see if this problem continues. Never had photos just delete on their own. I was just happy the ones that were missing were there, well most of them.

Thanks for your responses. Loving the phone - switched from iPhone after using that for almost 2 years. :)

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I was storing them on Internal Storage - got the card in the mail a couple of days ago. Saw the post with a photo attached that showed how to store photos on SD card and did that today. So it was Internal Storage until today.

I will keep checking the Trash folder in Photos to see if this problem continues. Never had photos just delete on their own. I was just happy the ones that were missing were there, well most of them.

Thanks for your responses. Loving the phone - switched from iPhone after using that for almost 2 years. :)

If you have anymore questions, let us know!