Solved Pixel 6 Pro camera .trashed photos

ogreschmogre

Mar 1, 2024
Visit site
Hi, my wife's pixel 6 camera stores heaps of ".trashed' thumbnails in the dcim folder that I don't get with my Galaxy S23ult. I'm curious why Google does that? When I transfer to PC to edit and archive locally (public cloud is NOT an archive!) I have to trash all her trash thumbs before I get usable photos.

Solution
I think that if you delete a photo using Google Photos, they get changed to a trashed photo, and remain on the phone for a certain amount of time in case the user wants to restore them. I would imagine that after this window (which I think is 30 days), they would get permanently deleted. Can you tell if any of the trashed photos/thumbnails are from photos that were put in the trash more than 30 days ago?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that if you delete a photo using Google Photos, they get changed to a trashed photo, and remain on the phone for a certain amount of time in case the user wants to restore them. I would imagine that after this window (which I think is 30 days), they would get permanently deleted. Can you tell if any of the trashed photos/thumbnails are from photos that were put in the trash more than 30 days ago?

Reactions: VidJunky
Solution

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised you don't get it with your S23, you must have opted differently on your device when deleting photos because I used to on my 23 and still do on my 24. Ask her if when she deletes a photos is she asked if they can be moved to trash? It's a little pop-up that shows a brief of some of the thumbnails. If you go to her trash folder you can find more information there and you may find a way to circumvent items going to trash at all. See the attached photos. Anyway for some reason these always pop-up at the first images when I'm transferring images to my laptop. They show up as little greyed out images in the first part of the folder that I scroll past because I'm usually looking for the newest ones at the bottom of the folder. But maybe that link at the top of the trash folder will hold some info on why they show up as well.

Best wishes.
2fdce9536b5d4ffe392ab7f013b22683.jpg
fce7172b05118c354fee35a6a2d714fb.jpg
ad249a1a133d83e5bc2252cce6ad4141.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000