What do you love most about your galaxy s5?

AKFL3TCH3R

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
The zero lag, screen, and the fact that the battery is usually always above 70% before I go to sleep.

Posted via Android Central App

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Just curious why one would come back to the S5 forums if they are switching to a non-android device?

Because I still have and use the phone. Once I get my iPhone 6, I won't. But I do love certain things about my S5, particularly the screen. That's something I'm slightly worried about with the iPhone, that it'll be a downgrade going from the Super AMOLED. That being said, I am very frustrated with it because I've had it since May and I've had more problems with it than any other smartphone in recent memory. The most notable problem being that SwiftKey crashes the second I pull up the keyboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times to no avail.

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Because I still have and use the phone. Once I get my iPhone 6, I won't. But I do love certain things about my S5, particularly the screen. That's something I'm slightly worried about with the iPhone, that it'll be a downgrade going from the Super AMOLED. That being said, I am very frustrated with it because I've had it since May and I've had more problems with it than any other smartphone in recent memory. The most notable problem being that SwiftKey crashes the second I pull up the keyboard. I uninstalled and reinstalled many times to no avail.

There's nothing wrong with coming here to post. I'm getting the note 4 when it comes out but I'm still posting here because I'm still using the S5. Your SwiftKey issue is weird. I've never had any problem with it on any of the android devices I've used. My S5 has been problem free, as was my note 3 and S4. I had a lot of problems with my original galaxy note but not enough to put me off android.

posted from my galaxy tab pro 10.1

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

It seems unfortunate, to me, that you choose not to use both the S5 and iPhone6. Two quite different experiences would seem to be perhaps rewarding and entertaining. Although some 'round these parts compare using a iPhone Anything to eating liver (or taking out the trash, at least) I don't see it as all bad. That is why I'm considering ADDING a 6+ to my S5 and Note 3 arsenal.

BrainSmashR

Banned
May 4, 2014
Visit site

The popularity of SwiftKey would suggest this is a problem with your particular device and not the S5 or Android in general.....which leads me to believe all of your other "problems" may be issues with your particular device as well. Either way, good luck and happy travels.

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
There's nothing wrong with coming here to post. I'm getting the note 4 when it comes out but I'm still posting here because I'm still using the S5. Your SwiftKey issue is weird. I've never had any problem with it on any of the android devices I've used. My S5 has been problem free, as was my note 3 and S4. I had a lot of problems with my original galaxy note but not enough to put me off android.

posted from my galaxy tab pro 10.1

Weird and annoying. I'm definitely not put off of Android, though. I'll most definitely come back for the next phone that catches my eye. The longest I've ever had a phone is 9 months, so I jump ship a lot. It just so happens that the most appealing phone to me right now is the iPhone 6, but I don't have an allegiance one way or another. I don't believe in blind brand loyalty.

It seems unfortunate, to me, that you choose not to use both the S5 and iPhone6. Two quite different experiences would seem to be perhaps rewarding and entertaining. Although some 'round these parts compare using a iPhone Anything to eating liver (or taking out the trash, at least) I don't see it as all bad. That is why I'm considering ADDING a 6+ to my S5 and Note 3 arsenal.

I know you enjoy your dual devices, but I'm just not built for two at once. I prefer to bounce back and forth. I've used two at once a few times but I just never really found it as practical. People never know which number to text. Now having multiple phones and switching often via SIM card is something I can do, but not two at once.

The popularity of SwiftKey would suggest this is a problem with your particular device and not the S5 or Android in general.....which leads me to believe all of your other "problems" may be issues with your particular device as well. Either way, good luck and happy travels.

I don't know about that, the main issue is a general slowing down of the phone as a whole the longer I have it - and that's happened with every single Android phone I've ever had. Maybe I use them too much, but it's definitely a commonality. The one Android phone I really regret never trying, though, is the Moto X. I bought one for my boyfriend and his is a trooper.

That being said, the S5 is a great phone, I think you just have to spend some time tinkering to get it how you want it for the long term. Or that's been my experience, at least.

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site

Have your tried to do a warranty claim??? It could be you got a bad device.

Posted via the Android Central App

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Have your tried to do a warranty claim??? It could be you got a bad device.

Yes, and the SwiftKey thing is a moot point to them because it isn't their software, and the rest falls within "normal usage." That's what they say, anyway. They also want me to do a factory reset for every little problem and I don't have the patience to reinstall everything constantly simply to humor them. I did do a factory reset before and it fixed the lag and freezing, but once it got loaded again then it just came back. That's why I've just given up. I still love some things about it but it's time for it to go.

nikkisharif

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

I'll be using the S5 & one of the 2 new iPhones. I ordered both because I wasn't sure which one I wanted. I currently use a 5S with my S5 & it's pretty cool to have a daily driver on both platforms.

jmagid51

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I'll be using the S5 & one of the 2 new iPhones. I ordered both because I wasn't sure which one I wanted. I currently use a 5S with my S5 & it's pretty cool to have a daily driver on both platforms.

Geez, I have a hard enough time managing the S5 let alone another phone. Best of luck. Now what we really need is an O/S platform that spans both type of devices. :eek::thumbup::eek:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
This it what I like. Would be longer but went to bed and plugged it in

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-11-23-03-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-11-23-03-47.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 67

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads