Galaxy S5 Dropped : Advice?

ameyer18

Dec 12, 2014
Visit site
My phone is from Verizon and I got it in May. I called Samsung and they said that I still have a warranty and can send it in and get a free replacement if the phone doesn't have any physical or liquid damage. I am not sure whether or not the damage I got is physical. I do no have insurance on my phone.

So my phone fell from my pocket onto a tennis court (about 3-4 feet). The screen has the smallest two-to-four little cracks on the top and bottom left sides. You hardly can see them unless under intense light. Anyway, the phone is black and unresponsive. The phone itself isn't working. The phone LED light in the top left corner blinks blue and when it's plugged in the light blinks the default red light (not unusual). The Recent Apps button and Back arrow will both light up and blink repetitively. Synonymous with the blinking is a vibrate.

I was just wondering the following:

1.) Could the damage be more than just a broken screen?
2.) If so, would Samsung consider this physical damage? I did mention to the woman on Customer Service that my phone had dropped prior to the damage.
3.) If taken to a phone repair shop or my Verizon store, would they be able to replace or fix this issue for less than $100 ?

Thank you

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
1. Sounds like you broke the digitizer which is the lcd behind the screen.
3. I found most repair shops were $150-$200 to replace.

Posted via the Android Central App

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
1. Sounds like you broke the digitizer which is the lcd behind the screen.
3. I found most repair shops were $150-$200 to replace.

Posted via the Android Central App

Yup, you got the answer, it is Physical Damage and Samsung will call it that.

Find a local repair shop and just get it fixed in one day.
Send it to Samsung and the cost will be the same or more, plus you will be out of a phone for weeks until it gets back to you.

Josiah23

Q&A Team
Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Major bump, I have the same problem now, but don't know if I should:
A. Pay $195 at Mobile Phone Mechanix (Closest phone shop to me)
B. Get a new phone from ebay between the prices of $170 - $200 and put the sim card in the new phone
C. Risk fixing it myself between the prices of $100 - $150

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87