Verizon Galaxy S5 : how is your battery life after upgrading to Lollipop?

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Well it is early but I think it got better. I usually came home with around 40- 50 percent left (unplugged at 7 am). Today I did the same thing and I still got 69 percent here.I also did a factory reset after I update the software.

For those of you who have a problem with battery life and wifi issue, go to wifi - advanced - uncheck smart network switch

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

JGouse0498

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I did a clean factory reset immediately after updating, and my battery life is horrible on this first charge. I'm at 17% where previously I'd be closer to 45-50%

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

konvajw

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Frustrating! Went from average of 12+ hours with moderate use to 4-5 hours after lollipop upgrade last evening. Hopefully it just needs more time to "settle", but I'm afraid I have some rogue app not ready for lollipop. Or some other problem that I'm sure won't be easy to figure out.....

Posted via Android Central App - Verizon S5

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Wow. Seems like I am so lucky. Have you tried to check on gsm battery monitor?

Buddy Eskimo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Well, mine was fine for most of the day until recently. I don't know what change occurred but the battery got down to about 18% after about 24hours of me downloading and pretty heavy usage. I charged it to full, which took an unusually short time, and then it just fell off the world. After 10 mins or so I was already below 90 and my estimated 87% was predicted to last 5 hours. Something was definitely wrong. So, I wiped and did a factory re set and it seems to be doing much better thus far. Its only been 10 mins so ill need more sample time. I'll get back to you.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Mine is very clearly worse. Android system and Kernel are higher in percentage. And I'm loosing 7% to Chrome which I never got close to before.

BigJay1416

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
If you like your long battery life don't update at all. Mine is going down 15% an hour not even being on it. The android kernel is taking up 79% of battery drain at this point.

andpaul657

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Horrible battery life after the upgrade. used 52% so far today in just 3 hours 43 minutes. Kernal used 33.2% of that and Android System used 28.1%. My highest app is Clash of Clans and that only has 3.3% and a total CPU time of 7 mins 49 seconds. Seems like the Kernal and Android System are really sucking some juice from the battery. Hope someone can offer some insight into what can cause this and how we can get it fixed.

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
And, BTW, GSam Battery Monitor doesn't seem to be working properly under Lollipop. When charging, it used to show the actual charging current, i.e. 1200, 1800 ma. Now it shows 1 ma which is clearly wrong. And, it's stats don't have any correlation to the stock battery monitor.

William Kister

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Mine seems to be better so far. At the end of my work day, I usually have 50% battery life left. With the update, I have had 70% battery left. This is surprising because I thought it would be the opposite with all of the white in the background. Definitely provided a performance gain and was smoother. I wish it was dark still though.

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Mine seems to be better so far. At the end of my work day, I usually have 50% battery life left. With the update, I have had 70% battery left. This is surprising because I thought it would be the opposite with all of the white in the background. Definitely provided a performance gain and was smoother. I wish it was dark still though.

This ^

MrSmoofy

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Where do I even begin on how much bull**** this update is.

1. Battery Life is horible.
2. Constantly getting cool down message
3. When phone is on mute it now mutes the alarm too so thank you for making me late for work.
4. SLOW AS CRAP compared to before.
5. Charging stops starts stops starts over and over it's not the cord happens on all could be related to #2

This is total BS

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I also did a factory reset after the update. Not sure why the difference, but after 10 hours at work with moderate use my battery is at 75%. And it boots up from off in 20 seconds. It's like my phone is turbocharged. Much faster . Battery life seems to not have changed from before the update.

Galaxy S5

sully5981

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Initially I had google play errors that eventually went away. The next day (yesterday) battery started suffering badly (had to charge it three times). Last night i just performed a factory reset and now the phone works like a champ. I am slowly adding back the apps I had but I am assuming an app was not ready for lollipop and causing the issues.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I'm on AT&T so no Lollipop yet for me... But holy crap, you guys... The variables in battery life are really making me worry about upgrading. My battery life is shizzle now as it is. Here's a thought though... Do you think it has anything to do with Lollipop using Art instead of Dalvik? A lot of apps weren't ready for it when I tried to switch last summer. Had to go back to Dalvik within a few hours. My phone was pissed!

Boom! From My S5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma