How do I view the pictures in my Picasa Album?

missparkerprints

Feb 23, 2015
Visit site
I have a Picasa album on my Galaxy S5, but I'm unable to see them on my phone. Does the Picasa album mimics the photos backup in Google? If so, why can't I view them on my phone?

Thanks!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to view your Picasa album in your phone as long as your account is set to it. First check your Google Account Settings and make sure that Picasa Sync is active.

Then go to your Gallery and make sure that your Picasa albums are active in CONTENT TO DISPLAY in the Gallery Settings.

PamelaMichel

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Spookdroid,
That helped me too, but do you know if these photos are on device or in the Google Cloud where the other ones are? I'm trying to figure out what's taking up all my device space and I've moved every single photo to my 60gig Samsung SD Card, except those Picasa ones, I'm not sure what I'm doing. It says i have 8,800 photos. Which is prolly true, I'm a big time photog!
Thanks again!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Picasa pictures are, just like Google+'s, stored in the Cloud. Your Gallery saves the thumbnail/previews to your device and temporary files if you open a picture, but unless you specifically save it to your device, it won't stay there for long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez