Why am i experiencing sometimes BLANK BLACK SCREEN on my S5 camera ?

AlArgos

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
My phone is new , it doesnt have 7 days since i bought it. So sometimes not always when i use my camera you know taking photos i experiencing a black screen , which means that i can't take photo (simply i can't play with my cam) , taking photos trough instagram or viber also doesnt work untill the black screen is in role for that time ..
So i've search on web, and i found something interesting i found this:
2015-04-04_17-45-04.jpg
2015-04-04_17-46-38h.jpg
(First one taken from technobezz , second one from ifixit)

You know actually, a simple restart fixes the problem , but the main thing what i want to ask is :
Is the CAMERA BROKEN? Is this a common problem for all s5 users? IS THIS NORMALY? What do i need to do to fix it permanently?
Does someone else experiencing a problem like this? What about the flet cable maybe BROKEN ?
AND WHY THE PROBLEM OCCURS AGAIN ?

Screenshot_2015-04-04-19-36-18.jpg

Example: OK i get the blank screen, i simply restart the phone and the problem is fixed (black screen gone , everything is normal) ... i use the camera i take shots trough the day..... i go to sleep .. i wake up i opened the camera and again the same problem ........ :S

My phone is new only 7 days, i use only 5 apps (Skype, Viber, Instagram, Facebook and Whatsapp) .. other apps from the phone itself... i dont think that is a problem from an app.. because all of them doesnt have a DIRECT connection with the cam ..

Any suggest ? i dont want to give it to the service cuz maybe is a simple problem that can be fixed overnight ...

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If it's that new, then I wouldn't waste much more time and just bring it back to the store to ask for an exchange, while you still can.

AlArgos

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If it's that new, then I wouldn't waste much more time and just bring it back to the store to ask for an exchange, while you still can.

You want to say that there is no fix for this ? that this is no software problem , that is something from the hardware ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I really can't tell at this point--but what I'm saying is that most stores have a 14 day return period for new phones where there is no hassle at all. Beyond 14 days, it's up to the store's discretion, but it may be more difficult to convince them to take the phone back--otherwise, you'd have to deal with the manufacturer for warranty repair work. And if the manufacturer couldn't fix it and ended up agreeing to replace it, it would probably be a refurbished unit (the wireless store would be more likely to give you a brand new unit as a replacement).

AlArgos

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I really can't tell at this point--but what I'm saying is that most stores have a 14 day return period for new phones where there is no hassle at all. Beyond 14 days, it's up to the store's discretion, but it may be more difficult to convince them to take the phone back--otherwise, you'd have to deal with the manufacturer for warranty repair work. And if the manufacturer couldn't fix it and ended up agreeing to replace it, it would probably be a refurbished unit (the wireless store would be more likely to give you a brand new unit as a replacement).

I'll take this as an advice ... :)