I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone which has a smart cover (S-View) feature. My Smart cover was working fine with the Android 4.x.x OS. Day before yesterday night i got a push notification to upgrade the OS. Unfortunately post that i am facing some issues with my phone:

1. Smart cover functionality has stopped working. The cover is not at all being detected.
    2. Battery draining out quite faster.

I tried the cover on one of my colleague's S5 phone as well but faced the same issues. This implies that there is a bug in the OS upgrade. Could someone help me out with this, though i am already in touch with the Samsung Service Centre guys.

Regards,
    Sachin Garg
    04-06-2015 04:28 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 phone which has a smart cover (S-View) feature. My Smart cover was working fine with the Android 4.x.x OS. Day before yesterday night i got a push notification to upgrade the OS. Unfortunately post that i am facing some issues with my phone:

1. Smart cover functionality has stopped working. The cover is not at all being detected.
    2. Battery draining out quite faster.

I tried the cover on one of my colleague's S5 phone as well but faced the same issues. This implies that there is a bug in the OS upgrade. Could someone help me out with this, though i am already in touch with the Samsung Service Centre guys.

Regards,
    Sachin Garg
    Welcome to Android Central!

There have been a ton of issues with the Lollipop upgrade on a lot of phones. I would recommend doing a factory reset if you are able to. A lot of the issues are fixed once a factory reset is done. The new OS makes a lot of changes and it seems that some phones are not able to handle these changes with out a reset. You can use Samsung Kies to make a back up of your phone and then restore it after the update. You may lose some app data for games and some passwords so I would make sure to back up what you can.
    04-07-2015 08:03 AM
    Hi,

Even I am facing the same problem with my S View cover.

I did factory reset, but still facing the same problem.

The other problem is I am not able to see the see the S view cover settings under accessories tab after lollipop update.

Can any body help here.
    07-06-2015 10:19 PM