Backing Up Contacts to the Cloud (Always Pending)

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I am doing a factory reset on DH's phone since Lolliflop wormed it's way into his life and he's not a happy camper.
Using Verizon Cloud, his messages and call history have successfully been backed up but he gets a notification that cloud contacts
backup has failed. And in the Cloud app it's self, there is always a "update pending" next to his 121 contacts. If I force it to back up, it backs up messages and call history but won't back up contacts. Anyone know what to do about this?

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Reboot the phone and try again. If it doesn't work, you should have all the contacts backed up with Google anyway.

Posted via the Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Rebooted but that didn't help. Found the contacts and saved them to my desktop, then found a backup program mentioned on this site (Super Backup, I believe), and used that too, saving to a SD card that I removed before doing a factory reset. ALL a waste of time! <lol> I guess Google put them back on the phone when I got his email account back up and running. There was no interaction on my part. What a headache tho having to do all that! I still don't have every setting back to normal. I haven't done a FR on my phone yet and Lolliflop is starting to be more trouble than it's worth so I'm sure it's on the horizon. My phone is infinitely more customized than his, so...I'd much rather eat a bowl of bugs than do a FR on my phone :( Curses to Lolliflop! I hope it's all worth it in the end,

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
When doing a FR, I advise starting fresh and not restoring apps and settings as that me be what's causing the problem to begin with. I just did a FR yesterday and started fresh and so far it seems to be better.

Posted via the Android Central App