Why can't I unlock my Galaxy S5?

HyphenSam

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I cannot unlock my Galaxy S5

I can't seem unlock my device using fingerprint or backup password.
The fingerprint animation isn't playing and doesn't recognise that I am swiping the home button.
I have tried entering the backup password and it says I have entered it incorrectly when I am for certain entered it correctly.
Changing keyboards doesn't fix this.
Restarting the phone and removing the battery and SD card does not fix this.

I have previously registered for the Google Device Manager and have tried locking my phone, but that doesn't seem to work. Do I need to have an Internet connection or GPS on my phone to do that? If so, I can't connect to the internet or activate GPS due to it being locked. Is there any way around this?

I really don't want to factory reset my phone unless it's the only last option I have.
And I have contacted Samsung support regarding this and am waiting for a reply. I will update if they have replied to my message.

BR34KF4ST

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: I cannot unlock my Galaxy S5

Try using find my mobile to unlock,but you must have the same google account on find my mobile and your device

Posted via the Android Central App

HyphenSam

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Try using find my mobile to unlock,but you must have the same google account on find my mobile and your device

It says "Device unavailable" after it tries to locate my device.Like I previously stated, do I need an Internet connection or GPS enabled on my phone for it to work? If so, how do I enable them? The phone is locked so I can't change anything.

HyphenSam

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site

Samsung Support has replied to me and pretty much repeated what BR34KF4ST said.
I have taken my phone to a mobile shop and they said it needs to update it's software and will be fixed tomorrow. I am using the Lollipop 5.0 version.
I will make an update tomorrow.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95