Is amazon a good place to buy replacement batteries?

Nicole0300

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
My s5 has been draining like crazy for months now. I'm finally giving in and buying a replacement battery. I recently bought a new one from Anker off Amazon, it's just a basic replacement battery. I was wondering if anyone uses them and how well they hold up compared to the original Samsung battery? They have Samsung batteries on Amazon to buy for $10, Verizon wanted me to pay $30.
The Anker one I just bought was $10.
Is it a good idea to buy batteries from Amazon? All the 3rd party suppliers I saw had excellent views but people still complained about the battery they recieved. Thoughts?

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes I just bought an OEM Samsung battery off Amazon a month ago and it made a nice difference. I also bought a wall battery charger so am never without a fully charged battery now.

Posted from AC on Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900V

conanbarb

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I was in the same situation a few weeks ago and ended up buying direct from Verizon with my corporate discount due to some of the reviews. There were too many complaints of the battery being used, water damage, no NFC antenna and not a true OEM, but a knockoff so be careful. It definitely made a difference with my 2 year old S5. Now instead of my battery dying by 2pm I can get to 10PM or even sometimes the whole day with moderate usage.

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have tried a variety of aftermarket batteries including Anker. They are OK but don't seem to last as long as the OEM battery. When possible, I buy the OEM battery sold by Amazon as opposed to another seller.

BlurryEyed

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Since OEM batteries are $10 on Amazon, I don't know why anyone would bother with off-brand batteries from...who knows where.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty