Touch is not responding.

Lukson K Thomas

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Yesterday i tried to update my installed applications in my phone. While doing this my phone got hanged and not able to go back or not able to take notifications and touch got non responsive. Then i hard reset my phone by removing the battery and using the key combinations volume up+power+home key. then after onwards my touch gone not responding.. but some time it get worked, but in some time it when we touch any app it get like a long tap...

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday i tried to update my installed applications in my phone. While doing this my phone got hanged and not able to go back or not able to take notifications and touch got non responsive. Then i hard reset my phone by removing the battery and using the key combinations volume up+power+home key. then after onwards my touch gone not responding.. but some time it get worked, but in some time it when we touch any app it get like a long tap...

Guaranteed if that happened right after you updated apps, it's an App causing the issue.
Take your S5 into Safe Mode by doing the following:

Turn on safe mode
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key.
3. When 'Samsung Galaxy S5' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

Once you are in safe mode, see if your touch responds, if it does, it's one of your apps causing the issue.
That means you will have to uninstall app by app ( Start with the ones you know you updated first )
Every time you uninstall an app in Safe Mode reboot, and see if touch works again. If not do the same process over for each app.
Process of elimination.

Now if you boot into safe mode and it's still not responding, then it's usually a Hardware issue, you can try a factory reset but doubtful that will correct it.

Hope that works for you let us know

Lukson K Thomas

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Guaranteed if that happened right after you updated apps, it's an App causing the issue.
Take your S5 into Safe Mode by doing the following:

Turn on safe mode
1. Turn the device off.
2. Press and hold the Power key.
3. When 'Samsung Galaxy S5' appears on the screen, release the Power key.
4. Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
5. Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.

Once you are in safe mode, see if your touch responds, if it does, it's one of your apps causing the issue.
That means you will have to uninstall app by app ( Start with the ones you know you updated first )
Every time you uninstall an app in Safe Mode reboot, and see if touch works again. If not do the same process over for each app.
Process of elimination.

Now if you boot into safe mode and it's still not responding, then it's usually a Hardware issue, you can try a factory reset but doubtful that will correct it.

Hope that works for you let us know

I have done factory reset by key combination and also checked by safe mode also..
For some time the touch is working..

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have done factory reset by key combination and also checked by safe mode also..
For some time the touch is working..

Did it work when you went into safe mode? If so it was probably just one of your APP updates that caused it and you could have found and uninstalled the app, But hey, glad it's working for you now.

Cheers