It's problem in settings

BlackZeppelin

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an odd problem in settings. This first happened after I downloaded Smart Launcher Pro, and then I downloaded the plugin notification support. I have gone back to TouchWiz but the problem still persists.

When I open settings and use the search field, I can type anything in except for the letter N. I can put "n" in the search field and if I try to put another letter in, settings stops and a pop up appears telling me so. I cannot search manually with the letter n, but everything else.

When I did download the smart launcher plugin, I got a pop up telling me I need to enable it in notifications. So I manually searched in settings by the letter n till I got "notifications" and then enabled it.

I got rid of smart launcher, restarted the phone a number of times but it still persists. I cannot search settings anymore by just the letter n.

Anyone have an idea?

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an odd problem in settings. This first happened after I downloaded Smart Launcher Pro, and then I downloaded the plugin notification support. I have gone back to TouchWiz but the problem still persists.

When I open settings and use the search field, I can type anything in except for the letter N. I can put "n" in the search field and if I try to put another letter in, settings stops and a pop up appears telling me so. I cannot search manually with the letter n, but everything else.

When I did download the smart launcher plugin, I got a pop up telling me I need to enable it in notifications. So I manually searched in settings by the letter n till I got "notifications" and then enabled it.

I got rid of smart launcher, restarted the phone a number of times but it still persists. I cannot search settings anymore by just the letter n.

Anyone have an idea?

Have you tried booting into safe mode and seeing if it still happens? If not it's software and there is still something lingering.
You can either dredge through trying to find what it is causing it or just bite the bullet and factory reset

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2