Why is my Samsung Galaxy S5 getting extremely hot and the screen doesn't display?

1992a

Oct 9, 2016
Visit site
I've had my Samsung Galaxy s5 for over a year now and recently started to develop overheating issues.

This all started when I left my phone outside in the sun for a while and it get very hot. The phone turned on fine but I think something may have been damaged.

Anyways, the issue is that whenever my phone overheats, the screen wont display and it stays black (until the phone cools down). It will always do a weird glitch before the screen finally decides to display. This always happens while charging or while using the phone for a while. It gets so hot that it is very uncomfortable to hold and I am worried about it catching on fire.

Here is a video of my phone what happens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46GCntCWqgY&feature=youtu.be

I have sent my phone in to Samsung repair center twice now, and they claim they cannot replicate the problem. Both times, "all inspections passed". I have no idea how they are missing this because it happens to me every time I use the phone or charge it.

I'm at loss what the issue is with my phone. I have been researching online and have found no one with similar issues. I have tried every trouble shooting method I have found online including:

-Try a new battery
-Take out the sd card
-Clear the phone completely and take off all apps

Also, I know it can't be my charger because the phone overheats when it is not being charged as well.

Has anyone had this problem and been able to fix it? Does anyone know how to fix it?

I don't have a Samsung repair center in my town so I can't physically show Samsung.

Thank you!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
"I left my phone outside in the sun for a while and it get very hot"? That probably damaged something inside the phone. Samsung can't find it? I've gotten that from more than one manufacturer when they just didn't want to bother. Find an independent repair shop. (But I'm afraid that it's going to cost you a new motherboard.)