Product Review: Kooso Koo Book for Samsung Galaxy S6

WJC89

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
(I received this case for review)

The first thing that really struck me about the Kooso Koo Book was how much functionality it offers for a slim case. It fits a couple credit/debit cards and a bit of cash in it, so the case can serve as my wallet too. It also has a stand function, which lets me prop my S6 up on a table to watch videos. Furthermore, the book style of this case completely covers the phone to give it pretty dependable protection.

The inside of the synthetic leather case's front cover as a long tight pocket that holds a few bank notes, and the front of that pocket features two slots which can each hold two credit/debit cards. I try to keep my wallet light, so the pocket and card slots are enough to accommodate my cards and cash. If you keep a lot of cards—bank or otherwise—in your wallet, this case might not let you get rid of it.

The stand function is simple and works well. The Kooso Koo Book fold along a lengthwise crease on its back cover. The plastic arm holding the S6 isn't affixed to the inner half of the back cover's inside, so it comes forward and rests against the inside of the case's back cover. There are no ridges to keep the phone propped up, so you'll want to steady it if you use the touch screen. The phone does stay up just fine when it's not being handled, meaning that you won't have to re-prop it when you're watching videos. The tab that secures the case in the close position is magnetized, so you can fold it back and fix it agains the back cover when you stand the phone. This keeps the tab neatly out of the way.
In addition to these functions, the Kooso Koo Book provides fairly comprehensive protection for the S6, even though the case itself is thin. The book style means that the S6 screen stays covered, and the case's synthetic leather materials seems to offer relatively good cushioning. Should the phone fall on a flat surface with the case open, the plastic arm around the S6 is slightly raised above the screen to help prevent direct contact between it and the floor or table. The arm holds the phone securely, so I'm not worried about the S6 popping out of it unexpectedly.

Although synthetic leather doesn't last as long as the real stuff, I feel confident that this material would hold up for at least as long as I have my S6. The stitching on the Kooso Koo Book is also nice and tight, so I don't foresee it coming undone anytime soon. Samsung will of course come up with a later and greater model that I must have, and I'm betting I can still pop it into this case if the next generation's the same dimensions as the S6.

Speaking of popping the S6 into cases, it goes in and out of this one without a hitch. The resistance the plastic puts up is too little to pose a problem when fitting the phone and pulling it out, but just enough to hold the S6 securely when it's in. I like the magnetized closure for the book because it lets me easily flip the case open but holds the case closed when I'm not using my phone. Cutouts are also placed correctly, so there's no loss of phone functionality.

The Kooso Koo Book gets a bit of style from its coloring - I received the neon green one, but it also comes in dark blue, dark pink, gray, and black. Kooso also embosses its logo on the front cover, which is a cool detail. The material is obviously synthetic, but the price of the case reflects that.

Considering the functionality and protection this case provides, it's a darn good value.

johnlelan

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Kooso Koo Book is a classic flip wallet model in fabric instead of leather. The model has two compartments for cards and a bill compartment.

Phone holder on the inside of plastic, extending around the entire phone. It will help to protect against unforeseen damage.

Kooso Koo Book goes to speak in the closed position, and that it is easy to place it in a horizontal position so you can watch movies, pictures or other fun stuff!