S6 edge+ duos - Random "Mobile Data" Sim switching after update to android 6.0.1 marshmallow

Mikecalionline

May 9, 2016
Visit site
S6 edge+ duos - Random "Mobile Data" Sim switching after update to android 6.0.1 marshmallow

I start having this problem after updated to android 6.0.1 marshmallow. My phone keep switching sim for mobile data all by itself regardless of what is set in "preferred sim" setting. Because of this, I keep loosing data connection. It really random, not in any time interval or with any of my activity on the phone.

In the attached pic capture of my phone. You can see near the top right of the pic. That show what sim the phone currently use for mobile data at that particular moment. It show the phone data at that particular moment was SIM1. Near the middle of the pic show that I set mobile data using SIM2. SIM2 also the only sim enable 4G. SIM1 is set at 2G. Since there's no 2G signal at my area, when the phone randomly switch to SIM1, I lost connection. I even try to set mobile data using SIM1, then my phone will randomly change it to SIM2.

This random switching is totally randomly. Sometime the phone switch back to the preferred sim setting. Sometime it just stuck at the wrong sim for a long time.

This is really a big problem for me since I rely on Skype and Viber alot for my business. Anytime the phone switch mobile data to wrong sim, I will loose connection, hence Skype and Viber won't work. I won't know about the data connection until I look at the phone and I can't keep looking at the phone every second.

Could you somebody help please.....Thank you

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160509-133814.jpg
    Screenshot_20160509-133814.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 12

steven8934

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: S6 edge+ duos - Random "Mobile Data" Sim switching after update to android 6.0.1 marshmallow

Hello, I finally found someone with the same problem.
I have the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and have been having the same issue lately.
Sometimes on my sim 1, if I have low 4g lte signal, it switches to 3g, then on the pull-down tab says Mobile Data Sim 2, even though in the settings, I have Sim 1 as the main data. Basically, I have something the other way around in the picture shown. Have you found a solution yet? I will probably factory reset and not upgrade?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii