Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus not charging by port only wirelessly

ryandroid96

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
so last month i plugged my s6 to my friend's ps3 after i left his house i went to my dorm and plugged in my phone to the wall charger it worked fine till i woke up next morning to find out that my phone wasn't charging,i plugged my phone to my laptop and it showed "unrecognized USB" it didn't charge at all tried usb debugging,5 times factory reset soft and hard and nothing helped;Now here's the strange part i placed my phone on the wireless charger it worked but then i plugged my phone's usb cable to the laptop at the same time and my laptop recognized my phone too,so how can i bring back my phone from charging on port (NOTE:BATTERY CHARGES FINE ON WIRELESS AND DOESN'T EVEN DRAIN)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, make sure the microUSB port is completely clear of debris. Use a can of compressed air to blow it out.

If it seems clear, then have you also tried different USB cables? If different cables also don't work, then the port itself might have failed.

ryandroid96

Nov 23, 2016
Visit site
cleaned it multiple times and have used different cables also my vr is not working with it when ever i plug it into the vr a black screen with a small x appears and after 3 seconds it returns back to the homescreen

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Perhaps bring it to your local carrier or to a cell phone repair shop of this issue is persisting. How long have you had the device - is it under any kind of warranty?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if it's happening in Safe Mode, it's more likely to be a hardware issue, specifically with the port. That part might have to be replaced.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's possible for the microUSB port's charging contacts to be damaged, but the data transfer contacts to be intact. That might explain your situation.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89