clean master app for android

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I got this app for both my phone and tablet and I love it! It cleans up junk and helps with battery )ife! Try it, get it from the playstore, it's free!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Clean Master and any other apps by Cheetah are well know to be horrible, evil, totally worthless apps! DO NOT INSTALL!

DO NOT use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. Most such apps are actually counterproductive and some are just plain evil. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance. Not to mention the nag ads they throw up.

Android is excellent at handling running processes and memory with no help from 3rd-party apps or user assistance.

Just let Android do it's job as intended, relax and enjoy your phone.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

davidwilling

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Really Crashdamage? I have to say that on my S5 and now my S6 Edge, I find that Clean Master does a sterling job. Have to say, it beats the Samsung provided one on the S6. Touch wood, haven't suffered from any malfunctions because of it, but maybe I'm wrong..... anybody else have any opinions....?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Yes, really! I meant every word of that post. To keep your phone running it's best DO NOT install any such apps.

Cache files are there for good reason - mostly to speed up operation. For best performance they should be left alone.

Battery savers often use more power than they save.

For more information on how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for you read this post by one of the authors of Android:

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html?m=1

Karin Fletcher

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
Clean master does a great job on my phone and tablet and I have experienced zero problems! It does things Samsung does not provide! I can only recommend this app! I have an S6 edge and a Nexus 7 tablet. NO PROBLEMS WITH CLEAN MASTER!

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Scroll down for info on Clean Master:

https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/20...-at-deceptive-advertising-of-play-store-apps/

More:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2594845&page=8

And more:

http://i.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/2c7zbl/clean_master_pulled_off_app_store_raises_privacy/

CM apps by Cheetah are throwing up nag ads with phony scary messages and phoning home to multiple servers at multiple IP addresses in China. Plus it's very questionable whether they are effective at much of anything.

There's plenty more info out there if you look, by knowledgeable people who have no financial interest in what sells, unlike reviewers, most of whom have no clue how Android really works. They just peddle what they're told and what sells.

For cryin' out loud, BGR just had a glowing write-up naming DU Battery Saver as a top-4 must-have app! Friggin' **DU Battery Saver!** It's one of the most worse-than-worthless evil pieces of crapware in the history of Android! BGR's writer clearly had zero knowledge about what he was writing!

http://bgr.com/2015/05/01/best-free-android-apps-vs-iphone-may-2015/

That article is just beyond belief...

Last edited:

Rohith K

May 6, 2015
Visit site
This is good to know.

The only app that must be installed is an antivirus protection (paid version).
Phones are now just as popular as computers, so they are prone to viruses easily.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Sorry, but antivirus is not needed for Android. They are only using your fear to turn your money into theirs.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again:

DO NOT use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. Most such apps are actually counterproductive and some are just plain evil. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

FiveOverEight

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Agreed, hear it time and time again that these apps optimise your Android OS, they don't.

Android is built to manage itself without all these pointless apps.

jexx

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but antivirus is not needed for Android. They are only using your fear to turn your money into theirs.

DO NOT use any task killers, RAM memory optimizers/boosters, battery savers/repairers, cache cleaners, antivirus, etc etc. None of that stuff is necessary. Most such apps are actually counterproductive and some are just plain evil. They actually waste power and may disrupt critical system processes and degrade performance.

I have been on board with Android devices since "Froyo" (2010). I too find these things to be counter productive as well.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Clean master does a great job on my phone and tablet and I have experienced zero problems! It does things Samsung does not provide! I can only recommend this app! I have an S6 edge and a Nexus 7 tablet. NO PROBLEMS WITH CLEAN MASTER!

Well, I don't have an opinion on Clean Master, but I do get nervous when I see so many exclamation points in an endorsement. It reads like a Billy Mays commercial. :p

sdmf

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I totally agree with crashdamage. To those that think it does something. It really doesn't. Placebo effect mostly.

Last edited:

roaduardo1

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site

I've tried a few of these kinds of apps and they've always been hogs. Trying to be 20 things in one app. Forget that mess. Never again.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I got this app for both my phone and tablet and I love it! It cleans up junk and helps with battery )ife! Try it, get it from the playstore, it's free!

In my opinion after trying the app for a few weeks, it is a waste of time. I feel it's main intent is to try and get you to upgrade the app so they get your money while you think the app is actually doing something useful.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I can see how some may find apps like Clean Master and DU Cleaner etc.. as intrusive, rather than helping the device. But I still swear by eSet antivirus. It has helped me get rid of crappy apps (most of them from Google Play) which push out spam on your phone. A lot of time it is common sense, where when you see a silly advert to download Candy Crush in a tv streaming app, you know it's a rogue app. A lot of these rogue apps run quietly in the background and not only suck up RAM, but they also drain your battery. But not everyone is 100% tech savvy and sometimes these rogue apps are not that straight forward to spot.

Anyway, each to their own I guess.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
On Verizon here...agree with nearly all of the recommendations here except that I do use VZ Protect. Not sure if it's "really" needed as I don't hear too much about viruses and such hitting Android, but you never know. Besides that, the only time I see it do anything is when I download an app or do a complete scan once a week. Doesn't slow the phone down at all and uses zero measurable battery, so I see no need to remove it at this time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non