02-03-2015 09:02 AM
131 ... 3456
tools
    Again, understand your points. Guess I want the world. :-) Anyway, if I really do want a larger screen guess I could go the Notes route.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro
    Once you go larger it's hard to go back. In late December I decided I wanted a 2nd phone (to complement my Note 4)...went through a Moto X, S5, Galaxy Alpha, and G3. Did I want small or big? That was a question. Also, no matter what I got I missed access to the S Pen. I decided I missed Big. I missed the S Pen. Only 2 phones would do and one was our of my budget (the Note Edge) so I ended up with a Note 3 to complement my Note 4. Might sound crazy and redundant but now I have big and S Pen on both devices (and they're nicely configured differently).

My point is once you get used to a Big 'Ole Note it can be hard to be happy with anything else.
    01-15-2015 07:08 AM
    I still want a 4.7in screen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-15-2015 06:07 PM
    I still want a 4.7in screen..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Galaxy Alpha. That's a nice 4.7"
    01-15-2015 06:36 PM
    Once you go larger it's hard to go back. In late December I decided I wanted a 2nd phone (to complement my Note 4)...went through a Moto X, S5, Galaxy Alpha, and G3. Did I want small or big? That was a question. Also, no matter what I got I missed access to the S Pen. I decided I missed Big. I missed the S Pen. Only 2 phones would do and one was our of my budget (the Note Edge) so I ended up with a Note 3 to complement my Note 4. Might sound crazy and redundant but now I have big and S Pen on both devices (and they're nicely configured differently).

My point is once you get used to a Big 'Ole Note it can be hard to be happy with anything else.
    Good points. I'll just have to wait until the real thing hits the shelves.

01-16-2015 06:43 AM
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...vfU9ceOyy7Ohww

More news from gsmarena

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device
    01-19-2015 07:25 PM
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...pX-rBnlPOsMGOA

Article from Forbes.

01-19-2015 07:27 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Six-n...axy-S6_id65020

Wonder if the pricing will be different between the two versions and is AT&T going to offer both.

01-20-2015 08:49 AM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Six-n...axy-S6_id65020

Wonder if the pricing will be different between the two versions and is AT&T going to offer both.

Undoubtedly there will be two different prices and I'm sure AT&T will carry them both (AT&T typically gets the good stuff and has carried most, if not all of Samsung's US-bound offerings.)
    01-20-2015 09:07 AM
    http://www.androidcentral.com/samsun...s-korean-press

Debut at MWC. Finally!!!

01-21-2015 09:00 AM
    No Snapdragon 810? Uh oh. Possible issue with the chipsets used in testing. Do more testing. Even with 4gb of RAM, how does the Exynos compare to the Qualcomm chipset?

01-21-2015 09:06 AM
    We have to wait more to see it clearly. But some early testings seem to suggest S810 is not so faster than 805. 10% at most and worse in some cases. Exynos 7 series should be excellent performer. But I have to see how its LTE modem handles US carrier bands, which is main reason snapdragon has been dominant phone chipset in US.
    01-21-2015 04:23 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Analy...o-fast_id65110

Yet another wrinkle. LG says no issues but one would expect that. Also, chipset switch not confirmed by Samsung but only reported in one of the newspapers. Stay tuned.

01-22-2015 06:12 AM
    Analysts say Samsung can't ditch Snapdragon so fast

Yet another wrinkle. LG says no issues but one would expect that. Also, chipset switch not confirmed by Samsung but only reported in one of the newspapers. Stay tuned.

Of course LG is gonna say that. They certainly don't want anyone to have doubt with their device.
    01-22-2015 11:50 AM
    Being so close to release, it also doesn't seem possible Samsung can produce enough Exynos chipsets. Is there also not an LTE connectivity issue in the US? I thought that this is why the Snapdragon chipsets are used in US versions.

01-22-2015 12:31 PM
    Being so close to release, it also doesn't seem possible Samsung can produce enough Exynos chipsets. Is there also not an LTE connectivity issue in the US? I thought that this is why the Snapdragon chipsets are used in US versions.

Pretty sure I've heard this as well.

01-22-2015 02:03 PM

Couple of years ago Note 2 came out with Exynos chipset (even US versions) and it had no LTE connectivity issues.
    01-22-2015 04:04 PM
    I read somewhere today that the Exynos 64 bit chipsets are as fast as the Snapdragon 810 or more so. They are also supposed to be more efficient from a structural and functionality prospective. I guess we will see the first week of March. Which Android site is going to be the first with a thorough walk through on the briefest of time with the GS6.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    01-22-2015 06:57 PM
    http://www.phonearena.com/news/Galax...-March_id65142

20MP OIS RFC and March release date. How about a 13MP FFC? More leaks to follow I am sure.

01-23-2015 08:41 AM
    I realize that high -end cameras drive many users to phones but not me. I'd rather a manufacturer focus on phone features, not ancillary ones. Just my 2 cents

japetty likes this.
    01-23-2015 08:56 AM
    I realize that high -end cameras drive many users to phones but not me. I'd rather a manufacturer focus on phone features, not ancillary ones. Just my 2 cents

A phone is different things to different people. For some call quality is paramount but as long as I can understand the other party and they can understand me I'd rather the manufacturers focus on other features that'll undoubtedly get used more often. ...like the camera or UI.
    01-23-2015 10:17 AM
    A phone is different things to different people. For some call quality is paramount but as long as I can understand the other party and they can understand me I'd rather the manufacturers focus on other features that'll undoubtedly get used more often. ...like the camera or UI.
    True. For me, the focus would be on UI vs camera but that's just me.

01-23-2015 11:27 AM
    I only pointed out the camera but, in general, I am more focused on OS with slimmed down TouchWiz and chipset specs and with how they perform as a whole.

01-23-2015 04:32 PM
    I only pointed out the camera but, in general, I am more focused on OS with slimmed down TouchWiz and chipset specs and with how they perform as a whole.

I've never ever had a problem with the TouchWiz back-end and had never spent any quality time with the TouchWiz launcher...always replacing it asap.
    01-23-2015 04:57 PM
    Toyed with Nova launcher at one point. The rumored TouchWiz is a bit closer to being so much like the Nexus experience. Wouldn't it be interesting to see Tizen on a future Galaxy S series?

01-24-2015 08:58 PM
    @phonearena: More Samsung Galaxy S6 design details leak - taller, slimmer, with a new set of ports - http://www.phonearena.com/news/More-...-ports_id65396

More leaks...

01-30-2015 08:16 AM
131 ... 3456