Samsung Galaxy S6 Release Date and Spec Rumors

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think they'll put Edge technology on their mainstream flagship. Not all of their target audience is ready for, what may be to some, something so radical. I think they'll focus on a more premium build, a great display, and, hopefully, the best camera tech they can implement.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Unless the S6 becomes bezel less, I really don't think it will be bigger than the S5.
These articles are just click bait at this point.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It would also cannabilize the Note series as well. Competing with the i6 Plus is not the best way. You don't see Apple trying really hard to compete in a space where the Note has the clear advantage. The i7 will compete with the GS6.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I've never spent any time with the TouchWiz launcher. As soon as I get my phones I install Nova. I wonder if TouchWiz will ever be at a point where the launcher is lighter than a 3rd party launcher.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I've never spent any time with the TouchWiz launcher. As soon as I get my phones I install Nova. I wonder if TouchWiz will ever be at a point where the launcher is lighter than a 3rd party launcher.

I've had no issues with touchwiz. If its anything like TW on the Note 4, then it should be fine.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s6-news/

Slimming down TouchWiz. All metal body. Snapdragon 810. 20mp RFC. UHD display. Hopefully, clarification on screen size at less than 5.5 inches. Also, more clarity needed on 32gb and 64gb flavors.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Screen size <5.5" will be a deal breaker for me. I simply don't understand the rationale to keep the screen size small on the Galaxy. I just don't see a downside.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 (SGH-I337) using Tapatalk Pro

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Screen size <5.5" will be a deal breaker for me. I simply don't understand the rationale to keep the screen size small on the Galaxy. I just don't see a downside.

Well, it's Samsung's mainstream flagship so they have to think about what that market wants. Do most people want a >= 5.5" display? I like phablets but is that what the majority of the folks want? ...especially given that Samsung offers the Note and Mega phones for the folks that like Big. LG decided 5.5" was the right size for the mainstream. I wonder how G3 sales have been vs. the G2. I think given Samsung's other offerings, keeping the phone ~5.2" may not be a bad idea.

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Understand most of your rational but have to disagree on the term "phablet". Just my opinion, but I think at least a 5.5" screen wouldn't tear down their flagship. Just my 2 cents; nothing more.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Understand most of your rational but have to disagree on the term "phablet". Just my opinion, but I think at least a 5.5" screen wouldn't tear down their flagship. Just my 2 cents; nothing more.

Well, when Samsung introduced the first phablet wasn't it 5.5"? Many scoffed but we see how that's worked out. What size do you think constitutes the term "phablet"? 5.6"...5.7"...or just >=6" ...to me, the differences in those sizes is very minor. They're all nice and big.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess "small" level is relative. The 5.5“ size is not a deal breaker per se. It would cannibalize GN4 sales. I bought a Note series tablet thinking I would use the digitized stylus but I rarely use it now so I understand the point. I bought it for the screen size. I guess we can expect the GN5 to have a 6" plus screen. Can't wait for the MWC so we can finally get clarity.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Also, imagine how much more difficult it would be to put it in your pocket with a Defender case on it.

Posted via my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

randun

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Again, understand your points. Guess I want the world. :) Anyway, if I really do want a larger screen guess I could go the Notes route.