Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?

tech_fan

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Edge because I like the Note Edge and feel that the curved screen adds value. I would also move to the S6 Edge because I feel that having an Edge screen on both sides would better balance the phone. My only concern is to whether or not they would make glass screen protectors because the only ones available for the Note Edge are film right now.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Edge because I like the Note Edge and feel that the curved screen adds value. I would also move to the S6 Edge because I feel that having an Edge screen on both sides would better balance the phone. My only concern is to whether or not they would make glass screen protectors because the only ones available for the Note Edge are film right now.

If one is released, that's icing on the cake. I would imagine it would be tough to manufacturer with the small edges and not damage them. And shipping would be costly as you'd have to have a molded piece there too.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I don't think there'll be tempered glass for the S6 Edge. However, I have the Zagg Invisible Shield on my Note Edge and it looks and feels really good. You can barely tell it's there.

📱6+🐜

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
For the GS6, Otterbox has announced the Commuter, Defender and Symmetry. So far, nothing yet for the GS6 Edge.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I know, I'm thinking more along the lines of full-screen games, a lot of them place UI elements along the top and bottom edge of the screen (in landscape mode that would land on the curved parts). Yeah, they'll be visible from the front, but how usable will they be since they're sitting on that curve? I'm not interested in finding out by experimentation, I have a feeling it won't be as clean to use as a flat screen.

This is my concern as well. Also look at the reflections from the curve in that photo. I just feel like buying the edge is like chopping off a good 0.5 cm from both sides of your phone. Also several reviewers who have actually handled the phones say the edge is LESS comfortable to hold. I just really don't like it. I hope that Samsung keeps the regular flat screens as an option for their flagship devices.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm undecided. I think the Edge looks nicer but I'm not sure how much more expensive it's going to be.

If the price gap between the two is too much, I'll get the regular S6.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
It's gonna depend on the difference in price but at this point I'm leaning toward the S6.
Just don't see the usefulness of the edge.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Wished y'all had of done a Poll on this subject.
Would like to know more about what everybody might do.
I can tell just about everybody wants one. But which one.
Does one do more than the other one.