Samsung Galaxy S6 Way to go Samsung!

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Way to go Samsung!

It appears answer to question on US GS6 release date April11th according to PhoneArena.

I doubt there will be a Saturday releases for the U.S.. Just doesn't make sense from the shipping standpoint, while Friday April 10th does. Carriers (at least Verizon) ships via FedEx and will not pay for a Saturday delivery.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site

I doubt there will be a Saturday releases for the U.S.. Just doesn't make sense from the shipping standpoint, while Friday April 10th does. Carriers (at least Verizon) ships via FedEx and will not pay for a Saturday delivery.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
From a sales perspective it makes sense. But that would require stock to be shipped to the stores on Friday, and no way it stays under wraps that long

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

From a sales perspective it makes sense. But that would require stock to be shipped to the stores on Friday, and no way it stays under wraps that long

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

Stock for stores are usually received a couple days prior to launch - at least for corporate stores.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
You know this how? Why are we even splitting hairs about release dates? Point is we have a more reliable time window. I would hope that PhoneArena would do some fact checking before publication.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

You know this how? Why are we even splitting hairs about release dates? Point is we have a more reliable time window. I would hope that PhoneArena would do some fact checking before publication.

Because the way you are posting all of this is like it's golden and set in stone. We had a reliable time frame on March 1st when Samsung said they would launch April 10th. In 20 countries no less.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

And I know for a fact Verizon doesn't do weekend delivery as I've ordered many devices from them in the past. It doesn't matter if you offer to pay extra - they won't do it.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

And I know for a fact Verizon doesn't do weekend delivery as I've ordered many devices from them in the past. It doesn't matter if you offer to pay extra - they won't do it.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.
Switch to another carrier. At the MWC, Samsung made their announcement. PhoneArena is a entity not owned by Samsung and reported the story as a result of a source that they trust.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Switch to another carrier. At the MWC, Samsung made their announcement. PhoneArena is a entity not owned by Samsung and reported the story as a result of a source that they trust.

Okay, dude whatever.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Okay, dude whatever.

Posted via S5 or Turbo.

I hope that you will excuse my over exuberant comments and that there are no hard feelings. I really do respect your opinion and have found your comments to be most insightful.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Let's just wait until the phone is release , before we comment negative thoughts about s6.

It's ok to discuss what we have liked to have seen certain design choices amped up like 64GB base storage. You have to admit while there are choices that didn't like, we're getting a lot of things we didn't expect. We're definitely getting more than the incremental upgrade of years past. Look at the M9.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Until your battery goes into thermal runaway and instead of dropping the battery out of the phone, you watch the phone melt. Or the phone gets wet and by the time you break the back off and unplug the battery, it's too late and the phone is doomed.

So would I. Unfortunately, Google is going the other way - getting rid of them.

So I guess your getting a iPhone because it's such better... Not

Posted via the Android Central App

akawarrior

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

Personally, unless you have been on the receiving end of being a power user and a year out (the best phone you ever had) your battery dies. Then you check to see what it costs to have a non-removable replaced. Then if you do pay to have it replaced, did they install a top of the line or a cut rate. Did they do a good job doing the delicate work and will it last without issues elsewhere in the phone. Is it the same phone you sent in or a referb. replacement. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I will never buy a phone that doesn't have a user replacible battery ever again. From experience that is...
Just my 2cents, but that's what makes the world go around. :)

Akawarrior..

Via : Galaxy Mega 2 - Kitkat 4.4

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Personally, unless you have been on the receiving end of being a power user and a year out (the best phone you ever had) your battery dies. Then you check to see what it costs to have a non-removable replaced. Then if you do pay to have it replaced, did they install a top of the line or a cut rate. Did they do a good job doing the delicate work and will it last without issues elsewhere in the phone. Is it the same phone you sent in or a referb. replacement. Etc. Etc. Etc.

I will never buy a phone that doesn't have a user replacible battery ever again. From experience that is...

Akawarrior..

You have the Mega.... I want a Galaxy S6 Mega. The bigger the better.

#jealous

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Akawarrior..

Definitely appreciate your pov in nine years of using smartphones, I have never had a battery die. My current device is only the second one with a replaceable battery, both were Samsung. Never had to swap a battery and always had more than enough juice to make it through the day and then some. I don't expect to with this one. Rapid charging, dual wireless charging standards, ultra power saving mode. Samsung and others had to differentiate themselves from others by pushing the swappable battery and expandable storage when competing with Apple.

akawarrior

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site

You have the Mega.... I want a Galaxy S6 Mega. The bigger the better.

#jealous

Hey, I came from Blackberry z10 (Great Phone but time to move on) and have had the Mega 2
for about 2 weeks and just love it.. Wife got the same phone at the same time and she loves
hers too. She was an iPhone 5c gal. We both are stunned we waited so long to go Android.
It was like having a old worn out pair of bluejeans. It's hard to toss them away.. lol
We love the bigger screens too. To heck with all that squint eye stuff. The Mega2
still fits in my shirt pocket and hers in that (backpack with the world in it) purse.
We have been married for 35yrs so I can get away with saying that.. :)

Akawarrior..

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

Hey, I came from Blackberry z10 (Great Phone but time to move on) and have had the Mega 2
for about 2 weeks and just love it.. Wife got the same phone at the same time and she loves
hers too. She was an iPhone 5c gal. We both are stunned we waited so long to go Android.
It was like having a old worn out pair of bluejeans. It's hard to toss them away.. lol
We love the bigger screens too. To heck with all that squint eye stuff. The Mega2
still fits in my shirt pocket and hers in that (backpack with the world in it) purse.

Akawarrior..
Congrats to both of you!

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍫

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Akawarrior..

What took you guys so long? Welcome to the army of light.