Verizon S6 - For Those With An Unlimited Data Plan...

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
There's no more keeping the UDP option at Best Buy. If you buy on any subsidized plan. Went there earlier. Gone away for good.
There's a workaround. You can't do it in store though.

Edit: unless you go near closing time and get an employee who doesn't want to do any work lol

ellisz

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you upgrade a line with the 2gb data option and then swap the sim card? I could take the upgrade from one of my kids and give them my S4!

Posted via Android Central App

KJ78

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I pay cash as I'm on an UDP. I'm good for 10+ gb/month. It only takes a few months to repay my investment so it's a no brainer. I'll sell my prior device and recoup some of the cost too.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
These newer phones are getting very expensive when you've got a UDP and you're off contract and have to pay full price.

What are you folks doing? Paying full retail to keep your UDP?

I just received a warranty replacement for my S4 from Verizon/Asurion due to my previous S4 breaking down and operating horribly.

I can't see dropping $900 or more on a new phone. Maybe others can... just to keep UDP.

If I have to, I'll buy new. But...

Your thoughts? Your secrets?

Who says you have to drop $900 on a new phone? There are plenty of ways to get phones for less. My case I dropped $650 on the M7, then $750 on the 5s, then $230 on a mint used g2 and then $500 on a mint note 4.

Climb14er

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Who says you have to drop $900 on a new phone? There are plenty of ways to get phones for less. My case I dropped $650 on the M7, then $750 on the 5s, then $230 on a mint used g2 and then $500 on a mint note 4.

The phone with 64mb to 128mb plus accessories with tax will be approaching eight to nine hundred bucks.

I've already made my decision and will be keeping my recently received S4 warranty replacement and bought a new Samsung battery off of ebay to go along with my other three used batteries as spares.

The S4 I've decided is working very well and I'm in no hurry or haste to upgrade to the S6 at the moment even though I've been waiting on the S6 for sometime.

sgrands99

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I sometimes use 20gb per month. I've mostly paid full retail for my new phones. Personally I like to use data and wifi alike for uploading pics, downloading apps, etc etc. Verizon has kept download booster (dual downloading via wifi and data). I don't want to have to slow down just to stay within my contracted data limit. I purchased my s6 edge at a discount by taking one of my kids' upgrades. But most importantly for me: Root+hot spot=content kids on long roadtrips.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codex_umbra