GS6 Hands On Videos - Keep Them Coming

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I disagree that Apple fans are screaming for more features which android has.

Most of my friends have iPhones and never mention lack of features

NFC and a larger screen and widgets and improved multitasking.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
NFC and a larger screen and widgets and improved multitasking.

You're a really keen mobile enthusiast clearly, so without insulting your knowledge, doesn't the iPhone 6 have NFC with apple pay and a larger screen?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
You're a really keen mobile enthusiast clearly, so without insulting your knowledge, doesn't the iPhone 6 have NFC with apple pay and a larger screen?

Compare the previous version of the iPhone. Did the i5 have them?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Tek Gadg - Quick Review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVWY9asNLH0

Posted via Android Central App

Good one. Reviewer seemed more bent out of shape about the exclusion of the IP67 features than the card or battery issues. Attributed battery performance more to Lollipop 5.0.2 which dovetails with the TMO getting a patch to adress bug fixes and other issues, possibly? Seemed to think it would be fixed by Lollipop 5.1.

John Kar

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
I watched up until 22 mins and now I see why you took an interest in the iPhone. It performed a lot of the tasks faster than the S6

Touchwiz has slow transition speed. You can increase the transition speed.

, I'm actually really surprised considering the processor and internals comparisons. I notice he didn't focus on how the iPhone 6 was loading webpages, apps and even transitions much faster. I'll definitely watch more comparisons with these two phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

The S6 was loading the web-pages faster than the iPhone 6.
You can check if the page is still loading on the iPhone by the top left side of the UI. There's a circle-ish shape there.

Transition speeds can be changed.

App loading speeds are even between the S6 and the iPhone 6, with the S6 being ahead by a small margin. Really, you're just nit-picking at this point.

As a sidenote, the S6 has a complete lead when going from app to homescreen. That is undeniable.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

In all the back and forth, most set lower speeds to reduce battery drain. I had almost forgotten about the setting. Well spotted.

You can check if the page is still loading on the iPhone by the top left side of the UI. There's a circle-ish shape there.

App loading speeds are even between the S6 and the iPhone 6, with the S6 being ahead by a small margin. Really, you're just nit-picking at this point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsViP9LIrN0

As a sidenote, the S6 has a complete lead when going from app to homescreen. That is undeniable.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsViP9LIrN0

Hey man, for the record I'm definitely being nitpicky….I am very interested in the S6, its actually my contender for my HW upgrade in June. Since I have the time to check tons of comparisons, i might as well be as critical as possible. However, in saying that i also know whats important and not to me. By no means am I dissing the S6, it looks like it runs fantastic…but we can't ignore how well the iPhone 6 performs in comparison. Now mind you, the optimization of iOS is mostly a process freezing/halting environment as oppose to Android which acts more like a CPU.

If i am comparing the greatest upcoming device to last years top seller, i expect to see an improvement even with the Android vs iOS differences. I am by no means a fanboy of Android or iOS, i respect both for what they excel at over the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bawan maviya