GS6 Hands On Videos - Keep Them Coming

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
This. I feel like we got a bunch of no-name reviews that aren't really worth anything (excluding Android Authority from that because I like their site).

Hope we hear from Ray at PhoneArena

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Samsung Galaxy S6 Pre-Review (Full HD/ English) - GSMDome.com: https://youtu.be/tcUaDgGvprE

A nice long review 40 min plus

Posted via the Android Central App

Interesting that he says the demo S6 edge camera performed better than the regular S6, while the same are identical on paper. Overall, what I gathered is its a great device but doesn't surpass the iPhone 6+ or Note 4.

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that he says the demo S6 edge camera performed better than the regular S6, while the same are identical on paper. Overall, what I gathered is its a great device but doesn't surpass the iPhone 6+ or Note 4.

Was your last comment about the overall device? Just curious because how can you really compare two completely different generations an lines of devices? This is not going directly after the Note line or 6+ I really do not think you can poll every single smart device in "one" tab. Would you compare the 5s to the Note 4? or the 4s to the 6? GS5 to the 6+? come on... They ALL are trying to compete as either Entry level smart device, mid range, high end. As well as going for main stream device in the 5 in range and larger phablet devices like Note / 6+ and other Plus series going after different functionality. Camera wise Samsung stated they took the Note 4 camera quality and parts and made improvements to that idea with the GS6 so I would think the camera having OiS and using better F and lens is better then the Note 4 currently. Am I missing something? If you meant something else I apologize but I am trying to get more feedback directly about the camera but sadly there are not a ton of GOOD reviews with production devices from NA carriers at the moment.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

I think that GSMArena disagrees with you. I know I do to based on their test.

http://m.gsmarena.com/shootout_galaxy_s6_note_4_galaxy_s5_iphone_6-review-1229p2.php

Just look at all the examples including daylight. Crop #2 is the best example of better detail with almost no artifacts on the S6, the note4 you can't say that and the iPhone 6 looks like crap (the 6+ would do no better).

Maybe GSMArena and I just have better eyes?

Posted via Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Yeah there seemed to be a lot of differences between the regular and the edge performance wise.

What that tells me is the firmware they're using isn't final yet. The 2 versions should be pretty much identical. The benchmarks were even off...

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I think that GSMArena disagrees with you. I know I do to based on their test.

Intergalactic camera shootout: Galaxy S6 vs. Galaxy S5 vs. Note 4 vs. iPhone 6 - GSMArena.com

Just look at all the examples including daylight. Crop #2 is the best example of better detail with almost no artifacts on the S6, the note4 you can't say that and the iPhone 6 looks like crap (the 6+ would do no better).

Maybe GSMArena and I just have better eyes?

Posted via Android Central App

I think you misunderstood, i didn't say Edge is better than regular S6...the video i referenced says it. I dont have the devices and cant make comparisons, im just highlighting what the guy in the video said.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Forbes states the embargo lifts on Thursday, ie tomorrow.

If it is UK time like the M9 embargo was, we should expect all of the reviews to be released in 6 hours time

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Leak Puts Rivals To Shame - Forbes

From a personal stand point, I'm at the stage where I just need them to confirm the battery life is good and it will be a snap pre-order from me.

We will see tomorrow. Maybe some more current reviews. Possibly settling the battery issue for you and many others.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mboessen