Think I'm canceling

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
So you're going to quit a service that works for you because you don't want to buy your own phone? I'm confused.

Just do as I said before and just buy the phone from Verizon and tell them to activate it on your number. Problem solved and no contact change.

Posted via the Android Central App

If I paid cash for a 800.00 phone and go to verizon with the phone. It cost more than what I'm paying right now.

And if I go to Cricket. I still loose on a plan for 2 people.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Technically no one holds a gun to anyone's head but .. If you want things .. such as Sports you have to pay. If you can survive on Netflix but some may like other programming they can only get through the provider. Remember just because that works for your needs doesn't mean it is the same for everyone :).

Its not about anybody holding a gun to your head.
Its that you used to pay 199.00 and you sign a 2 yr contract with a carrier and you get a new phone.
Now they want you to loose your family plan and pay over 40.00 a month more for 2 people.
You are paying more for the phone. Instead of 200.00 your paying like 800.00

And the following year if you don't upgrade your service. If your phone bill gonna come down.
No.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
$67 for my cell phone through VZ (includes a 27% corporate discount) $40 internet service on Comcast, plus $8 Netflix. for me, that's enough .... fight back with your wallet, it's not like they're holding a gun to our heads

I spent some time with VZ this morning and went from $160/mo to $80/mo (not including their taxes). I'm off contract so I got two line discounts. I went from 3 gigs to 1 gig. If I purchase the S6 cash and have them activate it my new rates won't change and I'll still be off contract.

On to cable now...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I spent some time with VZ this morning and went from $160/mo to $80/mo (not including their taxes). I'm off contract so I got two line discounts. I went from 3 gigs to 1 gig. If I purchase the S6 cash and have them activate it my new rates won't change and I'll still be off contract.

On to cable now...

oh wow! that's not much data but I assume you're on WiFi most times .... nice job, and good luck with the cable!

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
oh wow! that's not much data but I assume you're on WiFi most times .... nice job, and good luck with the cable!

We don't use much data...no streaming or anything and yes, wifi when we can. Thanks for the kick in the ***...sometimes you just gotta step back a look through the forrest again!!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Its not about anybody holding a gun to your head.
Its that you used to pay 199.00 and you sign a 2 yr contract with a carrier and you get a new phone.
Now they want you to loose your family plan and pay over 40.00 a month more for 2 people.
You are paying more for the phone. Instead of 200.00 your paying like 800.00

And the following year if you don't upgrade your service. If your phone bill gonna come down.
No.

If you go to an AT&T store you can still get it on contract. The line access goes up due to that but that is the plans now a days. In some way they're going to get their money. That is why after 2 year contracts or when you pay the phone off .. the bill goes down. They're getting their money for financing at 0% interest for you .. or for letting you only pay $200 on a $600+ phone.

You have to pay for your toys... this is nothing new :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

On to cable now...

Nice!! I wish I could survive on 1 GB haha.

Brasstech

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I basically went from my current 1Gig to the new 3Gig Share and my bill decreased by a little over $18 a month with AT&T using the new plan...

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If I paid cash for a 800.00 phone and go to verizon with the phone. It cost more than what I'm paying right now.

And if I go to Cricket. I still loose on a plan for 2 people.

So pay cash for the note 4 on Craigslist at almost half price for new in box. The S5 is going for like new for $380 max each.

there is no going around it. You are going to spend more money if you want to keep your contact. But it's not like there is no options if your willing to bend a little bit. Ť choice is yours, and the price will not change the more you complain.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Talked with the OL, gonna take her to Best Buy Saturday and look at the Next Plan.
But after talking to her. Think we are gonna buy the phone outright.
Like the Family share plan we have with 10gb data for 100.00
Think I'm gonna go ahead and get it next week if its released on April 10th.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
1GB data I use that in a day sometimes. I am grandfathered in on a unlimited plan and use 25+ GB a month.

LOL...I don't think I'd even know how to use 1gb in a day :p Between the two of us our data is about .5-.8gb/mo.

These devices for me are pretty much just work related, I don't use them hardly at all for "enjoyment" purposes.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
1GB data I use that in a day sometimes. I am grandfathered in on a unlimited plan and use 25+ GB a month.

Yeah -- I use more than 1 GB a day ... I am at 130 GB so far for this month. :).

Attachments

• tmouse11.png
    tmouse11.png
    14.5 KB · Views: 26

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Holy cow! I was thinking my 5GB/month was really irritating HateT&T. I couldn't imagine using that much data on my phone, or what wanted poster you might be in as a result! Lol!

What exactly are you doing to use so much data, if you don't mind me asking? My 5GB probably comes most from streaming music while in the car and at work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Holy cow! I was thinking my 5GB/month was really irritating HateT&T. I couldn't imagine using that much data on my phone, or what wanted poster you might be in as a result! Lol!

What exactly are you doing to use so much data, if you don't mind me asking? My 5GB probably comes most from streaming music while in the car and at work.

Mainly HD video streaming. I do stream music but I watch HD shows from Xfinity and HD streams of game tournaments from Twitch.tv. They can chew through the GBs pretty fast.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Mainly HD video streaming. I do stream music but I watch HD shows from Xfinity and HD streams of game tournaments from Twitch.tv. They can chew through the GBs pretty fast.

Gotcha. Makes total sense. I occasionally stream video from my home Slingbox to catch up on a show or two while at work & lunch, but still usually don't go over that same usage.

I'm shocked you haven't received death threats from your carrier about that usage. The way some of them make it sound when throttling people after 3GB, you'd think they'd be crapping bricks after 10GB. lol

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Gotcha. Makes total sense. I occasionally stream video from my home Slingbox to catch up on a show or two while at work & lunch, but still usually don't go over that same usage.

I'm shocked you haven't received death threats from your carrier about that usage. The way some of them make it sound when throttling people after 3GB, you'd think they'd be crapping bricks after 10GB. lol

Haha yeah. The most I have ever used was 1 TB (I tried to use as much as I could to see if I would get one of those threats) but didn't lol :).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon/388159-terabyte-club-3.html#post3669274

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this sot is gonna slow you down:sly:

Haha no :). Luckily I am near a charger .. and when not I have a 16k mAh battery pack. At home I got a wireless charger since I put my phone in the same spot every time so .. I just lay it there and good to go. Battery isn't too concerning to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch