Does s6 edge have toolbox?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
One of my most favorite features on the galaxy s5 was Toolbox it's very convenient I like using it for screen capture and flashlight does the s6e have it?

If not I guess it's not a big deal someone copied samsung and created a toolbox on play store, it works fair enough. Idk if it can be assigned to screen capture and flashlight though.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Galaxy S5

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
One of my most favorite features on the galaxy s5 was Toolbox it's very convenient I like using it for screen capture and flashlight does the s6e have it?

If not I guess it's not a big deal someone copied Samsung and created a toolbox on play store, it works fair enough. Idk if it can be assigned to screen capture and flashlight though.

The S6 Edge has a flashlight option built in to the quick settings in the notification panel now. You can screen capture by holding the power button and home button down together or swipe the edge of your palm over the screen to capture

How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy S6 | Android Central

Where's the flashlight app on the Galaxy S6? | Android Central

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

If not I guess it's not a big deal someone copied samsung and created a toolbox on play store, it works fair enough. Idk if it can be assigned to screen capture and flashlight though.

As I passed on the GS5, what the heck is the "toolbox"?

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

Merthal99

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Does s6 edge have toolbox and other missing options

Help!! I upgraded to Samsung S6 Edge fromy my great Samsung S5. I hate it!
I have lost many features and tools. One is the toolbox app, I have lost options under Contacts which is strange because under Contacts through another phone carrier (I have T-Mobile) these options are still available. I have spent hours on the phone with Samsung, T-Mobile, scoured Android help but no real answers.

I can no longer display contacts only with phone number- I have three gmail account on phone with over 2000+ contacts- though most are only emails. I do not need to see all these under contacts, which runs too much memory, slows the system down etc. I also was able to search and merge duplicate contacts via emails, phone numbers and /or names. Now I can only do this via phone number. I can link contacts but only if I know where the duplicate contact is and one at a time.

Linking contacts on the computer the gmail is one option, but of course it does not link facebook contacts and though I usually have facebook completely logged out while on the phone when I do log in I want my contacts to sync and remember the updates, now with the S6, these changes no longer occur. From the contacts app, I can swipe to make a phone call or click the call button from the actual contact but no longer is there a dialpad. When a call is ended, I have to go completely back to the desktop to open the dialer.

But again with Sprint or Verizon these are non issues. What did T-mobile do or what can I do to fix this? I want my S5 back!!

Mary Anne Millard

May 24, 2016
Visit site
As I passed on the GS5, what the heck is the "toolbox"?

Yes the she has it. It is not called a toolbox on it though, it's under settings>personal>accessibility>dexterity and interaction>assistant menu. Turn on. Instead of the 3 dots it's a blue circle with 4 app squares but it's the tool box. But on the shelf you can simply pull down from the top of the screen and it has all your short cuts there. You just press edit at the top of the screen when it's pulled down to add whatever functions you want. Also if you turn the toolbox (assistant menu) on, on the s6e+ it stays on every screen. Whether you're on YouTube, Facebook or just your home screen and I hate that so I just put my most used tools on the pull down. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Mary Anne Millard

May 24, 2016
Visit site
Yes the she has it. It is not called a toolbox on it though, it's under settings>personal>accessibility>dexterity and interaction>assistant menu. Turn on. Instead of the 3 dots it's a blue circle with 4 app squares but it's the tool box. But on the shelf you can simply pull down from the top of the screen and it has all your short cuts there. You just press edit at the top of the screen when it's pulled down to add whatever functions you want. Also if you turn the toolbox (assistant menu) on, on the s6e+ it stays on every screen. Whether you're on YouTube, Facebook or just your home screen and I hate that so I just put my most used tools on the pull down. Hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non