I've got an AT&T S6---Ask Me Anything

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand, what draws you guys from the 6 plus, which you liked, to a smaller device like the S6 instead of taking the great preformer note 4 which has basically the same qualities + battery life... Only drawback, if you like phablets size, is the swipe style finger print scanner...

I already had the note 4 ;).

basurtoisaac

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I don't understand, what draws you guys from the 6 plus, which you liked, to a smaller device like the S6 instead of taking the great preformer note 4 which has basically the same qualities + battery life... Only drawback, if you like phablets size, is the swipe style finger print scanner...

I just prefer a smaller phone like S6. I don't want to buy anything above a 5 inch screen. And I've been wanting to try a Samsung for quite sometime bc I want to try an android for once.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just prefer a smaller phone like S6. I don't want to buy anything above a 5 inch screen. And I've been wanting to try a Samsung for quite sometime bc I want to try an android for once.

The Edge is easily usable one handed, too. Even at a 5.1 inch screen, which I'm extremely content with.

Posted via Galaxy S6 edge

KarlDag

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
Alright, just funny you have the ü plus then... Guess you had to try to know

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
My second full day with my S6. Not to bad on battery life. Some gaming, Web browsing, texting, a few calls.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 736.jpg
    736.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 154
  • 735.jpg
    735.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 154

lovenokia

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Compared to the htc one m8 how is the performance? I currently have the m9, but I am not too happy with it, and am considering to go to the s6. How is the built in audio quality compared to your m8? I know the s6 has the wolfson DAC so it should be pretty good, and is touchwiz toned down? How would you compare to current iteration of touchwiz to the sense that was on your m8?

dmlv

May 11, 2013
Visit site
How do I turn off the Flipboard Briefing feature?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

When you hold one of the screens to add widgets or change wallpaper, you slide to the left and uncheck briefing.

I found it after looking for a while in the settings.

Posted via the Android Central App

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Have you noticed any issues with GPS? The last phone I had with an Exynos chip was the Samsung Galaxy S II epic 4g touch on sprint and the GPS was terrible. It took forever to lock and would lose lock off and on. Have you tried waze or any other navigation apps?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Compared to the htc one m8 how is the performance? I currently have the m9, but I am not too happy with it, and am considering to go to the s6. How is the built in audio quality compared to your m8? I know the s6 has the wolfson DAC so it should be pretty good, and is touchwiz toned down? How would you compare to current iteration of touchwiz to the sense that was on your m8?

Comparing this to the M8, I'd say they're on par performance wise. I think the M8 seems faster given how toned down Sense is with animations, but Touchwiz is right there now. Weird to say that, but it's true. The audio is pretty good, but you notice the difference. The M8 just sounds better.

Overall, Touchwiz is a huge leap forward. I'm impressed with it so far.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Have you noticed any issues with GPS? The last phone I had with an Exynos chip was the Samsung Galaxy S II epic 4g touch on sprint and the GPS was terrible. It took forever to lock and would lose lock off and on. Have you tried waze or any other navigation apps?

Used GPS for the first time last night. Worked just fine. Hit the battery pretty hard, though, but that's common.

crea78

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
This pertains to the AT&T logo in the notification bar. Say I have a weather app (OneWeather is what I use) and it is always shown on the notification bar, will that icon/temp. replace the AT&T logo?

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
My second full day with my S6. Not to bad on battery life. Some gaming, Web browsing, texting, a few calls.

Posted via Android Central App

5hours of screen on time? If I get more than 2 hours of screen on time on my nexus5 I will do a cartwheel.

This is an awesome thread man. We really appreciate this.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
5hours of screen on time? If I get more than 2 hours of screen on time on my nexus5 I will do a cartwheel.

This is an awesome thread man. We really appreciate this.

Glad it's been helpful. I know a lot of people are happy to finally have this thing in their hands.

Kyle Tate

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I posted in a few areas where people were complaining about the battery life, that I have had no problem with it at all! By nine o'clock at night over the last two days I've had still 60% or more. And that's with moderate to moderate heavy usage. So here are a couple of questions regarding AT&T and your experience.

1. Has "Download Booster" been removed by AT&T? Things download pretty quickly so I don't complain, but is there an option via a third party?
2. Have you deleted S. Voice? Most people seem to think that a " Google Voice" seems to work better,
3. Another common complaint has been the keyboard. Which keyboard on your phone have you been using? Samsung stock? Heard lots of positive reviews regarding again the Google keypad but I've never used it so I don't have experience, maybe you do. PS -- I never use "swipe" I like to hear the actual keys be pressed. So I didn't know what the advantage or disadvantage of one keyboard or another was. My spacebar doesn't seem to light up blue even though the word that it anticipates is blue which used to be the case on my S4 and I would hit it and it would approve the word.
4. "Enhanced 4G" -- I found this to be the biggest culprit of battery drain for standby. After shutting this baby down it goes all day but I'm wondering what does this actually do? Ha! People have referred to it as "Voice over LTE" but what does that even mean? I get phone calls everywhere with the WiFi without WiFi as I have unlimited data so it really doesn't matter. When I am out of a WiFi range the network never has a problem. Is there any reason I should have this checked or just leave it the way it is?
5. How come every time I go to the settings menu it always defaults to "quick settings" with a list of my nine things and then a bunch I have to scroll over to instead of where I was and what I was working on? Is that an AT&T thing? I guess "Battery" would be a great example if you don't have it under your quick settings. We have to go all the way over five menu screens. Just annoying that's all for $700 I thought you may be able to customize that.

Don't have anything else right now that I can think of. I'm still working on the edge notification system ribbon and assigning colors but I never put my phone on its face, the ribbon is kind of cool but by the time I rubbed it like a magic lamp I could have already been there through a different app. Oh -- I thought of one more question, since you have offered your services and you seem familiar with AT&T, what part of the stock AT&T apps that you like? I have already disabled family locator, I can't find where the simple app for mobile hotspot is, and wonder what AT&T wanted, Smart limits, mobile TV, etc. or even useful or can I get rid of the whole AT&T folder???

Awesome!

Kyle Tate

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Any way to get the Settings menu into a list as opposed to the swipe panel?

Are you talking about "Settings" like WiFi, location, Bluetooth, or are you talking about the "Settings" that you pull down on and hit the cog wheel that takes you to quick settings?

If it is the first, then the answer is no but you can edit and put "Flashlight", "Airplane Mode", up there and you can swipe over to see more that you have entered as your favorites by moving left or right which is very convenient because it hides all the ones that we never use and puts the first five right there that you use the most but still giving you space.

If you're referring to the phones general settings, all of mine already are in list mode unless you want every single category to be in one giant list, which reminds me of Windows Explorer window. They did their best with "Quick Settings", "Device", "Personalization" and you know you can select nine of those to put in your favorites that you see first. There is still a lot of digging within that menu.

So again I think it depends on which one you're talking about.

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just got my wife and I a 16gb and a 32gb yesterday on at&t. We both had terrible battery life. I did a hard reset and disabled all the bloat my battery life has gotten a little better hers is still terrible.

Is there a way to see screen on time? I can't find it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez