Galaxy S6 not even safe in an Otterbox Defender case.

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Hate these drop tests. We all know the phone will eventually land in a bad way and damage the phone.
These test prove nothing and just waste phones. Sad.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Good luck collecting on the insurance claim. Who in the their right mind slams a phone on the ground intentionally? Obviously someone whose parents probably paid for it and will again. Didn't even watch any further. What a ********!!!!

lol slammed the phone down?

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Hate these drop tests. We all know the phone will eventually land in a bad way and damage the phone.
These test prove nothing and just waste phones. Sad.

Maybe he was auditioning for an insurance commercial about accident quotes like the one with the kid slamming his phone down while being on hold with the insurance company.

The three drops that he did were more likely to happen. I believe that the case is rated for drops not deliberate face plants from 7 or 8 feet. The front is glass. Duh...

DanPLC

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind drop test videos that simulate real-world situations (like dropping from waist-height or face-height). However I wouldn't use my personal phone to conduct those drop tests even in a sturdy case. How much money must this kid have to treat his phone so recklessly?

But what really is ridiculous is deliberately banging the phone to the ground with full force. This doesn't simulate any type of real-world scenario, so it's pointless. And surely throwing the phone off a 3-story building, which he was going to do even if the phone survived the other tests, is pointless.

Wayne Sanders

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I worked for a guy once, he would routinely through his I phone 4s across the room, bouncing off the floor and wall, to prove how good the otterbox was. He was convinced after one of his sons friends accidentally drop his phone out of a moving vehicle, at 35 mph, and didn't break. He was always trying to give us a 4s, but would insist that it have a otterbox case. I had a blackberry at the time, i kept one about a day and a half, and told him i would rather have my blackberry, lol.., i hate I phones.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
it's pointless.

Agree....warning to members here, don't watch the video, there's better things to do with 6 minutes of your precious life.

I'm going to contact that video dude, I have a Ford F250 and I'd be more than happy to run over one of his phones.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It seemed his face temporarily showed:
"Oh no! How am I going to explain this".

Me, I will stick with flip over cases I had for my S2 and Note 3. Iove them.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member