what browser is everyone using?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Chrome, because the tabs appear in recent apps, which is incredibly convenient for me.

Even on my S5 the scrolling lag on TheVerge is pretty minor. Never even noticed it until you pointed it out.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: what browser is everyone usung?

To those using chrome do you use Chrome or Chrome Beta?

I'm not sure what's up with one listed beta since it's been in beta for years. Maybe that's my problem? I just don't like how you access bookmarks and how it closes the app when you close your last tab.

Chrome Beta will always be in beta. It's beta because it gives new features before they're ready for primetime so to speak. It's sort of for real world testing so Google knows what needs fixing before adding to the standard Chrome. Or at least that's my understanding of how it works.

icu

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
I used to use the CM variant of the stock AOSP browser because it performed better on my older phone (GNEX), but at this point I can't see a reason to use anything besides Chrome unless I felt the need for Flash since on newer hardware it performs quite well.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I use 3. My main browser is Firefox because I got sick and tired of the blank page loads on Chrome that have been plaguing me for at least a full year. Chrome is now just a back-up browser in case a certain website is more compatible with Chrome than FF. My 3rd browser I actually use a lot for page links within other apps and I love it because it revolutionizes the multitasking flow on my phone. It's called Flynx and it's similar to Chris lacy's Link Bubble app except it's faster and fewer bugs ;)

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I have tried all firefox, chrome, opera and their beta versions, but imo stock use much less battery compare to others.

I would love to use firefox so it sync with my desktop but battery drain is too high.

Here is sample screenshot with gsam app, reset the stats and visit the same site on all browser. See firefox is on top.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-14-17-48-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-04-14-17-48-36.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 108

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I have tried all firefox, chrome, opera and their beta versions, but imo stock use much less battery compare to others.

I would love to use firefox so it sync with my desktop but battery drain is too high.

Here is sample screenshot with gsam app, reset the stats and visit the same site on all browser. See firefox is on top.

why not test for longer than 1 minute?

Screenshot_2015-04-14-15-53-41-1.jpg

btw, app sucker data also is only part of the picture, it only counts cpu related battery consumption. With black background addon, firefox also reduces the battery consumed by screen, and we all know thats like half of the battery consumption of the phone for most people.

Screenshot_2015-04-14-16-14-59-1.jpgScreenshot_2015-04-14-16-15-34-1.jpg

Last edited:

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site

Is the stock version you are talking about Chrome? I've seen elsewhere people mention the stock browers, I liked that much better on my S4 than the chrome browser.