what browser is everyone using?

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Chrome performance on the s6 is terrible compared to the stock browser, which is unfortunate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Is the only way to switch between tabs (on chrome) to hit the recent apps button on the phone and scroll to find it? That's the one thing I don't like about chrome it should be an option within the browser. Maybe I'm missing it.
I don't see a way to switch between tabs, and interestingly on my iPhone running chrome there is. There is a little box at the top right that tells how many tabs are open and pressing it gives you the choice to switch. No idea why being a Google browser it has that functionality on iPhone and not an android . Seems should be the opposite if anything. I have heard people say they have chrome in beta so maybe that is the problem, not fully functional yet. I dunno.
I'm trying out the Opera beta and liking it so far. Quite quick and for tabs I seem to be able to save only the last 2, but I am not completely familiar with it so I may have something wrong. This is miles ahead of past Opera versions I have used.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Go to Chrome settings and turn off 'merge tabs and apps'. This will force the Tab control back to Chrome. Personally, I like it better in the app switcher.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Man why all the negatives on chrome? I really like it on s6...BTW I am on vzw and don't have the stock browser either.

grathan

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
Mainly dolphin for two reasons. Long press URL then share by email and gesture to reach top of screen.

*edit For the people who want tabs inside of Chrome, there is an option in Chrome Settings for this.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I use Chrome, BUT ever since the last couple of updates it seems to suck badly. Slow to load pages, scrolling stutters and lags. I'm not sure what Google did recently, but they definitely messed up chrome.

Posted via the Android Central App

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
No lag on chrome here, yet anyway. My demands may be less than others, but chrome seems fine to me. Now that I learned about the tabs thing it has gotten even sweeter. Also trying out opera which is surprisingly quicker than I ever remember it being. CM browser is another I'm trying. Nice to have options. I think chrome at least for now is my main browser.