So I was one of the many few that became an Android user with the Tmobile G1, since I've owned every phone from the Samsung Vibrant to the HTC Thunerbolt, LG2 and most recently Droid Turbo just to name a few.

The Samsung S6 is leaps and bounds better than any android ive ever owned, no hyperbole.

The processor is lightening fast, geez. I can download a 100Mb app in mere secs. No lag whatsover, eveeer. This thing just zips in its stock form, Samsung made a wise choice using the Exynos 7420

Camera is snappy and takes amazing pics with many accommodating features and not the usual gimmicks form Samsung.

Call Quality Im on verizon and its nice and clear, speaker volume is very high. I even get a signal strenght 4dbm greater than my Droid Turbo.

Design I mean it took some design cues from Apple and perfected them, one of the best feeling phones in your hands my only fear is the slippage. Screen size is perfect, I hate phablets. IMO 5'1 is perfect sizing.

Battery Life. One of my biggest fears switching from Droid Turbo was not being able to comfortably go through a full day without charging. S6 proved me wrong, in some ways the battery is even comparable. Im with Verizon so I don't have the Cell Standby bug. The battery only drops when in use, I slept a 7 hr night and my battery only went from 57 to 53 and thats with WIFI on, I've never owned a phone wit such great standby. It just seems with each day the battery life gets stronger. I disabled bloat, used a black based background, restricted data background and its made a ton of a difference.

Samsung outdid themselves with this phone its the perfect blend of style and substance, sure we all would have wanted microsd slot and removable battery but its an indicator of the changing times. LG G2 which still is one of the best android phones made had neither and still ended up being a top class phone. Samsung got everything right with this phone, hell even the color (black sapphire) is amazing, it changes from a navy blue to black based on the lighting, so cool.
    04-13-2015 03:59 PM
    Glad you're happy with your device! It seems most (if not all) that have it agree with you, except maybe on the battery life...and that's what's kept me away from it for now. I can live with no removable battery and no SD Card (every Samsung I've owned has invariably 'fried' an SD card at some point, not using them anymore), but I need good battery life with my real life use. The Note 4 provides that. The S6, confirmed by another Note 4 user, doesn't.
    04-13-2015 04:47 PM
    So I was one of the many few that became an Android user with the Tmobile G1, since I've owned every phone from the Samsung Vibrant to the HTC Thunerbolt, LG2 and most recently Droid Turbo just to name a few.

The Samsung S6 is leaps and bounds better than any android ive ever owned, no hyperbole.

The processor is lightening fast, geez. I can download a 100Mb app in mere secs. No lag whatsover, eveeer. This thing just zips in its stock form, Samsung made a wise choice using the Exynos 7420

Camera is snappy and takes amazing pics with many accommodating features and not the usual gimmicks form Samsung.

Call Quality Im on verizon and its nice and clear, speaker volume is very high. I even get a signal strenght 4dbm greater than my Droid Turbo.

Design I mean it took some design cues from Apple and perfected them, one of the best feeling phones in your hands my only fear is the slippage. Screen size is perfect, I hate phablets. IMO 5'1 is perfect sizing.

Battery Life. One of my biggest fears switching from Droid Turbo was not being able to comfortably go through a full day without charging. S6 proved me wrong, in some ways the battery is even comparable. Im with Verizon so I don't have the Cell Standby bug. The battery only drops when in use, I slept a 7 hr night and my battery only went from 57 to 53 and thats with WIFI on, I've never owned a phone wit such great standby. It just seems with each day the battery life gets stronger. I disabled bloat, used a black based background, restricted data background and its made a ton of a difference.

Samsung outdid themselves with this phone its the perfect blend of style and substance, sure we all would have wanted microsd slot and removable battery but its an indicator of the changing times. LG G2 which still is one of the best android phones made had neither and still ended up being a top class phone. Samsung got everything right with this phone, hell even the color (black sapphire) is amazing, it changes from a navy blue to black based on the lighting, so cool.
    Not missing my sd card or remove alb battery. Hope you continue to enjoy your device. Please report back with more feedback.
    04-13-2015 07:45 PM
    I had a s5...left for and iPhone 6...then got an s6 edge last Friday. With out a doubt the best phone I've ever owned.

S6 Edge
    04-13-2015 08:21 PM
    Very encouraging. Also with Verizon and looking for mine to arrive tomorrow. News like this is great! Thanks
    04-13-2015 09:37 PM
    I loved my HTC One M7, but the S6 is a significant upgrade. Probably the best smartphone I've owned to date. Love the hi-res screen and wireless charging. I'm also glad to have a good working camera again!
    Daspoo likes this.
    04-13-2015 09:40 PM
    I loved my HTC One M7, but the S6 is a significant upgrade. Probably the best smartphone I've owned to date. Love the hi-res screen and wireless charging. I'm also glad to have a good working camera again!
    I'm currently on the M7, looking to get the S6. How are you finding touchwiz compared to Sense? , also how is the battery life compared to m7? Did you get S6 or S6 edge?

Posted via Android Central App
    04-13-2015 10:27 PM
    Best phone for me too. I love using android and I'm so glad to have a premium phone that uses it. Don't get me wrong, there are other great devices (M8/9, Note 4), the GS6 is the best phone I've owned.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-13-2015 10:33 PM
    I'm currently on the M7, looking to get the S6. How are you finding touchwiz compared to Sense? , also how is the battery life compared to m7? Did you get S6 or S6 edge?

Posted via Android Central App
    I think touchwiz is fine. I don't have any issues with using touchwiz over sense. In fact, I like the Notification shade in touchwiz over sense (Lollipop). My battery life is great for the S6 where I've been averaging 17 hrs on a single charge. I was also getting great battery life on my M7 when I installed Greenify. I got the S6 over the Edge, since it felt good in my hand. I originally was planning to get the M9, but I wanted something different with more advanced features.
    Daspoo and drone3 like this.
    04-13-2015 10:44 PM
    Following up on battery life after a week. Best Android Phone Ever.
    Attached Thumbnails Best Android Phone I've Ever Owned!-1429385790036.jpg   Best Android Phone I've Ever Owned!-1429385804247.jpg  
    04-18-2015 02:37 PM
    Very encouraging. Also with Verizon and looking for mine to arrive tomorrow. News like this is great! Thanks
    EDIT: Had my Verizon S6 for 4 full days now and I must agree it is one heck of an awesome device. A real keeper I should have for longer than most others I have used over the years. No big issues at all for me, just learning android again after about an 18 month hiatus. Battery life is quite good considering the size of said battery and what it powers. Very happy with my decision.
    04-18-2015 03:22 PM