Screen responsiveness

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, the screen on my at&t gs6 doesn't seem as responsive as it should be. It often misses swipes I make while playing games or in the ui it also seems to take a bit longer than normal to register taps while typing.

I searched settings and developer options and I see no way to increase screen sensitivity.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know of a fix? I noticed my wife's old s5 had a similar issue. Is this normal for Samsung phones?

Also happens a lot when pulling the drop down menu.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are your fingers particularly dry? This can sometimes impact the touchscreen sensitivity. Also, are there any sources of strong electromagnetic fields nearby (like a wireless charger, a big computer power supply, or a powerful speaker)? Electromagnetic fields can cause touchscreen issues as well, but they have to be pretty close.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, the screen on my at&t gs6 doesn't seem as responsive as it should be. It often misses swipes I make while playing games or in the ui it also seems to take a bit longer than normal to register taps while typing.

I searched settings and developer options and I see no way to increase screen sensitivity.

Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know of a fix? I noticed my wife's old s5 had a similar issue. Is this normal for Samsung phones?

Mine feels the same sometimes.

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll run into this sometimes. Usually on a pop up window where I see 'ok' and 'cancel' or whatever the options may be and it seems like I tap it to fast for it to pick up. Haven't really seen it with swiping or anything yet; that always registers.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

No issues and I have the screen protector that came with my Defender case. I am on AT&T.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

jimmiekain

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm using a glass screen protector I from Amazon. I ordered a different one from eBay. Hopefully that makes a difference.

Medly

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy S6. I've noticed that screen does not seem anywhere near as sensitive as my old S4. I can't seem to use swype without making mistakes because the screen does not register properly a lot of the time. I have also noticed that if I put the phone down on a surface and try to operate the screen with one finger (without holding the phone) the screen becomes very unresponsive and registeres hardly any touches at all. Has anyone else noticed a similar thing?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I have a new Galaxy S6. I've noticed that screen does not seem anywhere near as sensitive as my old S4. I can't seem to use swype without making mistakes because the screen does not register properly a lot of the time. I have also noticed that if I put the phone down on a surface and try to operate the screen with one finger (without holding the phone) the screen becomes very unresponsive and registeres hardly any touches at all. Has anyone else noticed a similar thing?

Well there are now 3 threads about this issue so, yes, others have obviously noticed the issue with screen responsiveness. I'm hoping the first update for these devices fixes this as well as loads of other issues people are talking about. My first Samsung experience is less than stellar to say the least. Just from the issues talked about all over these forums I think this device was rushed out with insufficient testing beforehand. Its a great phone, but this definitely sucks. While I wait for the update I put my S6 into "safe mode" each morning for a few minutes. For whatever reason this helps a lot. Kind of a PITA? Yes, but I'd rather do this than go back to my iPhone 6+ for now. Although that tipping point can be reached. Try safe mode. It is saving my sanity.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
For me I find the touch overly sensitive compared to my previous Nexus 5, no issues and not using a screen protector.