How do I clear RAM on my new Galaxy S6, it's not like the S4 when you hold the home button?

A

AC Question

How do I clear RAM on my new Galaxy S6. It's not like the S4 when you hold the home button.

For future clearing, I'd like to know how to clear the RAM on my S6. My S4 I just held the home button and cleared.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: How do I clear RAM on my new Galaxy S6. It's not like the S4 when you hold the home button.

Welcome to Android Central! Any reason why you want to clear RAM? It's not an efficient way to manage your device, because Android wants to keep RAM reasonably full of open apps. If you clear RAM, then the system will just open apps up again. Android isn't Windows, which does benefit from keeping RAM as empty as possible.

GentlemanJim31

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
When I press something there is a long pause. When I make a phone call I need to get back to the dial pad to dial an extension but the pause is so long that I go the switchboard. I have a bunch of icons on the top of the phone, including some duplicates where I checked a couple of news stories. I would like to empty out this memory.

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I clear RAM on my new Galaxy S6. It's not like the S4 when you hold the home button.

tap the left capacitive button and tap on close all

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site

Go to smart Manager>ram>end all

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 327.jpg
    327.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 32

TiredOfLameness

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
One of the great uses for clear memory in Android in previous versions was to close unnecessary processes that are using network bandwidth. Now my ping goes to 4k because stuff I don't even want on my phone in the first place is using the net even with background data disabled and there is nothing I can do about it. So I lose games and $.

Pretty lame how little control android gives over OS and Net without rooting. Even rooted is pretty lame.

I notice on the s7 models from att you can't disable lte without using field code and this is reset regularly...SOOO FREAKING LAME...why would you want to do that you ask? So you can get a stable signal in weak reception areas like my home. Even in city center device bounces back and forth making Internet uselessly slow. I had 1 bar in attendance store on s7. S4 with lte disabled had 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall