Galaxy Note 10 Deal: BOGO at Verizon!
    For future clearing, I'd like to know how to clear the RAM on my S6. My S4 I just held the home button and cleared.
    04-17-2015 01:19 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Any reason why you want to clear RAM? It's not an efficient way to manage your device, because Android wants to keep RAM reasonably full of open apps. If you clear RAM, then the system will just open apps up again. Android isn't Windows, which does benefit from keeping RAM as empty as possible.
    Rukbat and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-17-2015 09:27 PM
    When I press something there is a long pause. When I make a phone call I need to get back to the dial pad to dial an extension but the pause is so long that I go the switchboard. I have a bunch of icons on the top of the phone, including some duplicates where I checked a couple of news stories. I would like to empty out this memory.
    02-16-2016 09:59 AM
    tap the left capacitive button and tap on close all
    02-16-2016 01:55 PM
    Go to smart Manager>ram>end all

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails How do I clear RAM on my new Galaxy S6, it's not like the S4 when you hold the home button?-327.jpg  
    02-17-2016 01:03 PM
    One of the great uses for clear memory in Android in previous versions was to close unnecessary processes that are using network bandwidth. Now my ping goes to 4k because stuff I don't even want on my phone in the first place is using the net even with background data disabled and there is nothing I can do about it. So I lose games and $.

Pretty lame how little control android gives over OS and Net without rooting. Even rooted is pretty lame.

I notice on the s7 models from att you can't disable lte without using field code and this is reset regularly...SOOO FREAKING LAME...why would you want to do that you ask? So you can get a stable signal in weak reception areas like my home. Even in city center device bounces back and forth making Internet uselessly slow. I had 1 bar in attendance store on s7. S4 with lte disabled had 5.
    11-02-2016 05:10 PM