Cant use mobile data

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
I just upgraded from a galaxy s4 to the s6 for sprint. I cannot for the life of me get mobile data to work.
If I am not on wifi I cannot send a snapchat, or load any of my facebook games.
anything i should check?
mobile data is on, i get the "lte with the star" icon up top which means i have 4g lte and its currently idle.
i tried checking for push notifications or something but cannot find anything i'm missing, but every time I connect to wifi i get a bunch of app notifications

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
That is really weird? Has it been an issue since you got it? I'd go back to carrier store and ask them to check your APN settings. It might not be on the correct one.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes, it has been since I got it. i know I adjusted my plan from unlimited data to 8gb of data per month.
Is the APN settings something I can check?

Yes, but you'd need to know the correct settings to get it working. You can try posting in the Sprint or Sprint S6 forums here and see if anybody else could give you those

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Thor13

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys, this is my first time on a forum replying to something like this. So anyway I recently purchased the s6 as well. Huge galaxy fan, I've had them all! I too have had this issue of the phone being extremely lathargic while trying to access Facebook (only social media I have), everything else worked fine. Ebay,news feeds etc...
Now I called and chatted with sprint and other techs and they came up blank. So I pondered on this and thought, Facebook is my only "APP" that is lagging.
So I went into Facebook through my Web browser instead of the app and Facebook worked flawlessly through the Internet.
Hmm...
I uninstalled Facebook and then reloaded it. I switched off the WiFi and tried it again on spark. Bingo bango she's working fine and dandy again. Good luck, hope this helps one and all!

Posted via the Android Central App

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but you'd need to know the correct settings to get it working. You can try posting in the Sprint or Sprint S6 forums here and see if anybody else could give you those

Sent from my Galaxy Note 4

Are there specific carrier forums for the s6? I know there used to be for the older galaxy s models but i dont see any available for the s5 or s6

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Are there specific carrier forums for the s6? I know there used to be for the older galaxy s models but i dont see any available for the s5 or s6
Guess not. I assumed there was since we usually do have carrier specific forums for phones. Still possible to post in the carrier forum and ask about that there