The app that saved my battery!

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
This is a background app killer app, and I would have never gotten this good of a battery because of this app

The app is called "ShutApp Battery Saver"
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.yirga.shutapp&token=jB7XTFtN

Before I couldn't even reach 3 hrs and 20 minutes of screen time...now look at what I am getting now! I recommend those with battery problems try this app

That small charge was only 10%, I was charging my phone while driving

uploadfromtaptalk1429842174209.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1429842184130.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S6!

naviman1

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
You have Android System and Android OS as your next two biggest battery killers after the screen which means you're not really using any apps. And you've been on battery only 8 hours and you have 25% left so it doesn't mean much for people who take their phone off the charger at 7am and charge it again at night. It's also a really bad idea to kill apps constantly because starting them up again all the time wastes precious battery. All in all I don't think this proves anything.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
You have Android System and Android OS as your next two biggest battery killers after the screen which means you're not really using any apps. And you've been on battery only 8 hours and you have 25% left so it doesn't mean much for people who take their phone off the charger at 7am and charge it again at night. It's also a really bad idea to kill apps constantly because starting them up again all the time wastes precious battery. All in all I don't think this proves anything.

What I have noticed though is that there are background apps that are draining my battery (for example, my radio apps). I usually check application manager and see what apps are running, and there are a bunch of apps I have downloaded that are running, even though I dont use them much. It would make sense for them to close. This app doesnt close any system apps, just apps you have downloaded

Even if my screen time is not a lot, I would have not have been able to get over 4hrs of screen time, and have not been able to from my previous experiences with the phone.

If anyone doesn't want to try this app, they dont have to, but I recommend its worth a try for those who are willing....I'm gonna keep this app :)

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
How does this compare to Greenify? Have you tried it? I like the idea of having apps that are not used frequently disabled so they can't leach battery. I do understand that if you are killing apps just to reopen them, it is counterproductive.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How does this compare to Greenify? Have you tried it? I like the idea of having apps that are not used frequently disabled so they can't leach battery. I do understand that if you are killing apps just to reopen them, it is counterproductive.
I have tried Greenify but it's Co fusing to use because u gotta change some background settings before it can work

This is my battery result after using this app... It's a keeper!

uploadfromtaptalk1429850253965.jpguploadfromtaptalk1429850261654.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not a fan of task killers however if you have a few rogue apps that run in the background then certainly a Task killer for those specific apps would help. I would not kill apps that aren't hogging up background resources though.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I am not a fan of task killers however if you have a few rogue apps that run in the background then certainly a Task killer for those specific apps would help. I would not kill apps that aren't hogging up background resources though.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Yup I agree, I'm usually not a fan of task killers either, but if I can kill a few apps to help extend my battery I'll dive in

I was able to get 6 hrs of screen time... I may have to use this if it's helping me like this... I never would have gotten this battery without it and without having to drastically change my settings

uploadfromtaptalk1429854164539.jpg

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
If anyone doesn't want to try this app, they dont have to, but I recommend its worth a try for those who are willing....I'm gonna keep this app :)

Ok, I'm giving it a go. UI is nice and simple, it just shut 52 BG apps, white listed 5 apps. I will report back in a few days. Thanks for the tip!

dreaming of electric sheep

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Yup I agree, I'm usually not a fan of task killers either, but if I can kill a few apps to help extend my battery I'll dive in

I was able to get 6 hrs of screen time... I may have to use this if it's helping me like this... I never would have gotten this battery without it and without having to drastically change my settings

View attachment 173418

I've noticed that almost anything on my phone can just run in the background and kill battery. A few things I've even forsed stopped because of it. I wouldn't be stupefied if this is the major reason for people's poor battery life.

I personally don't have much installed. So maybe that's why I'm suffering from lollipop but not affected that much at all. But the common person will download everything on day one and then wonder why their battery life is horrible.

Posted via the Android Central App

deeb215

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
This is a background app killer app, and I would have never gotten this good of a battery because of this app

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.yirga.shutapp&token=engUuyd5

Before I couldn't even reach 3 hrs and 20 minutes of screen time...now look at what I am getting now! I recommend those with battery problems try this app

Sounds similar to Greenify which I use:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ails?id=com.oasisfeng.greenify&token=HCbckYPW

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 173418

I have tried one on my GS4. Don't remember which one. Keep us posted.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...s/details?id=com.yirga.shutapp&token=O2aaGUs0

View attachment 173396
View attachment 173397

Lollipop doesn't need this. App killers end your using battery. Surprised that people are still resorting to these.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Lollipop doesn't need this. App killers end your using battery. Surprised that people are still resorting to these.

So, what to make of apps I haven't used for a couple days showing up as using the battery each day? You think allowing such apps to run helps? That really makes no sense. The alternative would be to uninstall them. Uninstalling them wouldn't hurt battery life, right? But I don't want to uninstall them because I do use them occasionally. Explain how using greenify on these apps is counterproductive.

ballaonnabudget

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
You probably don't have a lot of apps installed which could be running in the background
Plus I leave bluetooth on pretty much 24/7 because of my Smartwatch, so I need my battery to last as long as it can

I've got Bluetooth (Moto 360) and WiFi on all day. 88 total apps installed on my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non