Can you disable the "charged" wake/notification noise?

rjv

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I use a wireless charging dock in my car along with connecting my phone via bluetooth to the entertainment system. I've encountered an annoying issue when playing media.. here's the simplest way I can put my scenario:

1. Place phone on wireless charger and starting playing music
2. Phone becomes 100% charged and emits a screen wake + notification noise telling me so
3. Wireless charging stops because the phone is fully charged
4. With music playing, the battery drains to less than 100%, which engages the wireless charging
5. Repeat from step 2

This loop happens over and over endlessly. The charged notification makes an audible noise like every 3-4 minutes which is super annoying while I'm listening to music.

Is there a way for me to disable the audible noise that occurs when I place my phone on a charger or when the phone becomes fully charged? Is there a way to keep the wireless charging "active" so my charge doesn't dip while on the dock?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Never thought about that scenario, but yeah, it makes sense since the wireless charger doesn't supply constant power like an USB charger does. Unfortunately, no way to disable the beep or screen wake unless someone disables that on a ROM or maybe a patch if you're rooted...

What you should be able to do, though, is put your phone in vibrate or mute, and that shouldn't play the beep (and, in theory, shouldn't stop the music). You won't escape the screen wake, though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo