Citron Green & Black = Hottest Otterbox Commuter Case for the Black S6 ?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I really like your YouTube case reviews ... my son managed to finally crack my Nexus 4 the other day, which was protected by a Spigen case.

My S4 has that Defender though and it looks brand new despite multiple spills. there's a tiny scratch on the top left corner, but that happened when I didn't have it on.

Posted via the Android Central App
When I sold my GS4, the store rep had never seen a device almost two years old in pristine condition. When you advertise on Swappa or Gazelle, you can honestly advertise it as "like new".

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
There is no such thing as a "hot" Otterbox case, that's an oxymoron right up with military intelligence.

Posted via Gold 64GB Galaxy S6
Or like jumbo shrimp. It's not an oxymoron. It's the truth. The whole point is protection having the phone survive a drop or other abuse. The inner polycarbonate layer has a spongy material tha along with the shell dissipate any shock not absorbed by the silicone outer layer. Not only are there dings or scratches but damages to the internals are mitigated. Otterbox went to a more dense silicone layer to make it the slimmest Defender and Commuter versions. There are no frilly bumps and trendy designs that serve no purpose but aesthetics. It's clean and practical as well as professional.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Or like jumbo shrimp. It's not an oxymoron. It's the truth. The whole point is protection having the phone survive a drop or other abuse. The inner polycarbonate layer has a spongy material tha along with the shell dissipate any shock not absorbed by the silicone outer layer. Not only are there dings or scratches but damages to the internals are mitigated. Otterbox went to a more dense silicone layer to make it the slimmest Defender and Commuter versions. There are no frilly bumps and trendy designs that serve no purpose but aesthetics. It's clean and practical as well as professional.

Does this include my Neon Green Commuter? :p

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I like the UAG cases but I believe they offer little to no drop protection for the S6. They are mighty thin. :(

From the screen shots, it looks like the corners would absorb impact pretty well, better than a straight TPU case, although there are some good TPU cases as well. The cutout for the camera and the display lip look a little shallow but might do the job just fine.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
On second thought, the citron green on black would be better if the S6 was a true black and had no blue whatsoever.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Pretty weak drop test but beggars can't be choosy. :p

How's that Defender been holding up?

It's holding up very well. Just like the day I bought it. Silicone outer layer is holding its shape and snugness with the polycarbonate shell layer.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device