Just got my first Samsung and it's the S6. Anyone care to help?

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I would but I like reading him making a fool of himself. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

The most foolish thing that I have heard or read in a long long long time is not running a phone past 30%. I already have to keep tabs to make it through the day especially when traveling but to have to take it down at the 30% mark because its bad for the battery is hilarious. I guess I'm going to be damaging my battery like you said because I can't hunt around for a charger everyday when I hit 30%. Why don't any of the manufacturers tell us this so we don't damage our battery's? Don't you think it would be in Samsung's best interest to tell us that we could damage our battery's by runnimg below 30% as you said? Wouldn't that save them money if they disclosed that?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
The most foolish thing that I have heard or read in a long long long time is not running a phone past 30%. I already have to keep tabs to make it through the day especially when traveling but to have to take it down at the 30% mark because its bad for the battery is hilarious. I guess I'm going to be damaging my battery like you said because I can't hunt around for a charger everyday when I hit 30%. Why don't any of the manufacturers tell us this so we don't damage our battery's? Don't you think it would be in Samsung's best interest to tell us that we could damage our battery's by runnimg below 30% as you said? Wouldn't that save them money if they disclosed that?

Like i said, it's obvious you don't or can't read. If you read those articles i gave a link to, your argument is with them, not me as i don't give a **** what you or others do with their/your phone.

Also, use some common sense. The quicker your battery diminishes, the more likely you are to buy a new phone in 1 to 2 years. So the answer is no. It's not in their best interest to tell you. They want you to buy a new phone, not a new battery. Even running it down to 0 every night, a phone should still last past the 1 year warranty and the repair is on you, not them.

Like I've said, it's not a law, it's a recommendation. And if you can't distinguish that, then i suggest counseling.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Like i said, it's obvious you don't or can't read. If you read those articles i gave a link to, your argument is with them, not me as i don't give a **** what you or others do with their/your phone.

Also, use some common sense. The quicker your battery diminishes, the more likely you are to buy a new phone in 1 to 2 years. So the answer is no. It's not in their best interest to tell you. They want you to buy a new phone, not a new battery. Even running it down to 0 every night, a phone should still last past the 1 year warranty and the repair is on you, not them.

Like I've said, it's not a law, it's a recommendation. And if you can't distinguish that, then i suggest counseling.

Common sense says to just use the phone and plug it in when it needs it. Pretty simple concept and not your 30% rule....

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Let's have a contest. Droidguy run your battery to 0 everyday and gater352 charge back up when you hit 30% and you guys can continue this fued in 2 years and we will see who's battery is in better condition at that time. Then we will know for sure if it makes a difference.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Let's have a contest. Droidguy run your battery to 0 everyday and gater352 charge back up when you hit 30% and you guys can continue this fued in 2 years and we will see who's battery is in better condition at that time. Then we will know for sure if it makes a difference.

Great idea, I'm in!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Common sense says to just use the phone and plug it in when it needs it. Pretty simple concept and not your 30% rule....

Give it up. It's not my rule. It's a recommendation From other people who test li ion batteries. I'll write it one last time just incase you're illiterate.....

It's not my rule, law, or any derivative thereof. If you have a beef, take it up with them cause I do not care what you or anyone else does with their phones. Period.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Enough arguing about the battery talk. Just use your phones the way you have been doing. It works for you and that's that.

Any more arguing and I'll start issuing warnings.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Great idea, I'm in!

Just because I take care of my battery the way I want to doesn't make it wrong. Just because you want to use the phone the way you want doesn't make it wrong either. Enjoy your phone. I do. Done arguing.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Just because I take care of my battery the way I want to doesn't make it wrong. Just because you want to use the phone the way you want doesn't make it wrong either. Enjoy your phone. I do. Done arguing.

Pretty much just kidding around at this point...lighten up and have a laugh, its just a silly phone. Life is too short dude. If you need to hear that you won then you got it, you win:) have a good one.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Pretty much just kidding around at this point...lighten up and have a laugh, its just a silly phone. Life is too short dude. If you need to hear that you won then you got it, you win:) have a good one.

It's all good man! Sometimes we all get passionate about something so stupid we forget to enjoy ourselves and others! Besides....I didn't win. If I did, I would have a sheet of publix cake sitting right here saying congrats!! :) But no....all I got was a bowl of cinnamon toast crunch.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress