Has anyone tried this case ?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S6 Case, Neo Hybrid Series Soft Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 [Bumper Style Case] Shockproof Cover Case+screen (Navy) by Dsrlucky Amazon.com: Galaxy S6 Case, Neo Hybrid Series Soft Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 [Bumper Style Case] Shockproof Cover Case+screen (Navy): Cell Phones & Accessories

Posted via Samsung Galaxy S6

Nope. Only bumper that has impressed me is the Rhino bumper case. Not a fan of bumpers as they used to put them on cars. Cases should provide more comprehensive protection as that is their primary function. That is just my opinion and not that of any manufacturer and only based upon my own personal experience. It looks really nice but the camera cutout doesn't look deep enough. How deep is the lip on the front? Glad it works for you. One should always get what works best for them.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't purchased it yet.I just hate bulky cases.I was just wondering if anyone had used this yet?Im looking for a work case,I work on diesel trucks so my hands are usually filthy.I really don't want to buy a expensive case just to ruin it in one day.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I haven't purchased it yet.I just hate bulky cases.I was just wondering if anyone had used this yet?Im looking for a work case,I work on diesel trucks so my hands are usually filthy.I really don't want to buy a expensive case just to ruin it in one day.

Looks nice to me. I'm like you, hate big cases.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Otterbox Defender. See my YouTube review. Slimmest and most compact Defender model that I have used to date. The silicon outer layer is more dense. The case gives a solid feel and is great on inclined and slick surfaces. Port covers are snug. It will do well for your purposes.

Other suggestions. Spigen UAG cases. Seidio rugged cases. Ballistic Explorer. Lifeproof Frè is best for water, dirt and shock protection.

Defender is about $50 up to $80 for the Lifeproof. Lifeproof out of stock. Small investment for durable rugged cases to protect a great device.

evoldroid

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I know what you mean about bulky cases buy I wouldn't go for a case that has no reviews.
not all case are expansive and you can add just a couple of dollars and get a case that you know will be pretty good.
I would go for the Spigen Exact-Fit case. It is pretty nice and protective and it is not that much expansive than the one you posted.
Amazon.com: Galaxy S6 Case, Spigen® [Exact-Fit] Galaxy S6 Case Slim **NEW** [Thin Fit] [Smooth Black] Premium Matte Finish Hard Case for Galaxy S6 (2015) - Smooth Black (SGP11308)
View attachment 176823

That's a really nice case.I have something like that now but it's a TPU case.Feels great in my hand.May pick this one up also thanks.

seb1509

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
My only problem with these type of cases is that if you drop your phone you can scratch/dent the top or bottom rim. This happened to my s3, when I dropped it as I tried to put it in my pocket.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the case above and the ringke slim case. Both cases are pretty much same except the ringke slim goes all the way around the phone . The ringke slim case is way better . But that's just my opinion.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the case above and the ringke slim case. Both cases are pretty much same except the ringke slim goes all the way around the phone . The ringke slim case is way better . But that's just my opinion.

I have a friend with the slim on her s6 and its very nice.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S6 Case, Neo Hybrid Series Soft Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 [Bumper Style Case] Shockproof Cover Case+screen (Navy) by Dsrlucky Amazon.com: Galaxy S6 Case, Neo Hybrid Series Soft Case for Samsung Galaxy S6 [Bumper Style Case] Shockproof Cover Case+screen (Navy): Cell Phones & Accessories

Check this out. Seems like it might fit the bill for you and you can see them in Best Buy.

https://www.tech21.com/samsung-galaxy-s6-case-evo-tactical-black.html

Posted via Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not enough protection in my opinion

I kinda have to agree. There doesn't appear to be enough of a lip on the front or on the camera cutout. It doesn't look like it has flaps for the headphone jack and USB port. Could be ok for an impact on one of the edges.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty