Car usb port not supported

Jaykaylfc

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi all

So I've made the switch from the iPhone to Samsung. I'm really happy with my decision, the phone is great. I just have one issue, and re the title, my car and van both tell me my device isn't supported to play music via usb.
Is this normal for android devices?

Also, I am having an issue finding my bluetooth radio in the van... but I won't need that if the usb worked.

Ps, I apologise if this is an occurring subject on this forum

Thanks in advance for any responses

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, yup. And unfortunately, it depends on the radio system that you have in your vehicles. Most car manufacturers focus their integration on iDevices, leaving Android devices to function, for the most part, as USB sticks. You should, in theory, be able to play MP3 files stored in your phone, but not stream audio like Spotify or Play Music in most systems.

What issue are you having with BT? That shouldn't be too much of a problem though...

Jaykaylfc

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I'll have to settle for AUX I suppose.
The bluetooth issue... it found my radio, asked for the pass code (usually 0000) and it rejected my phone, now I can't find the radio when it scans. My iPhone never had a problem.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
As Spook mentioned, most newer vehicles USB ports only work with iOS. We bought my wife an Infinity G37 and daughter's iphones integrate with the system and display but neither of our Galaxy phones (including my new S6) work with her car. The USB only charges the phone...has no access to any of the files or music. Damn shame.

J_rock151#CB

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Go on Amazon and order a USB bluetooth adapter.... They are cheap and will allow ur phone to connect wireless and play ur music......i had to do the same thing for my 2014 pathfinder.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I'll have to settle for AUX I suppose.
The bluetooth issue... it found my radio, asked for the pass code (usually 0000) and it rejected my phone, now I can't find the radio when it scans. My iPhone never had a problem.

Don't give up too quickly. It took several tried for my radio and S6 to "find" each other. But they did, and streaming music from the phone's mp3 as well as Pandora, Spotify, Songza is possible now. I say just keep trying. Be sure to reread the phone completely from your head unit before the next attempt.

(Mine is the stock HU in the 2013 Hyundai Veloster Turbo - can't remember off the top of my head the manufacturer, and I don't wanna walk allllll the way to the garage. lol)

-# Cheers! #-

Jaykaylfc

Jun 18, 2015
Visit site
Ok had a little play with the van radio, managed to get the bluetooth working, and a bluetooth adapter for the car will be on the shopping list.

Thanks for the help everyone 👍

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it working!

And while iOS support is still widespread, things are 'looking up' with Android Auto support. Unfortunately these are higher end stereo systems, so not cheap :(

Eneroth

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
Go on Amazon and order a USB bluetooth adapter.... They are cheap and will allow ur phone to connect wireless and play ur music......i had to do the same thing for my 2014 pathfinder.

I picked up the S6 and I have fallen in love with the phone. Switched from the iPhone, and am glad I did. My only issue is this, how do I listen to music in my car.

I saw your post and am wondering what type of USB bluetooth adapter should I pick up? And this will allow me to listen to music from my phone? I have a 2010 Cobalt, nothing fancy, family and all had to ditch my Mustang for a more "family" friendly car.

I am looking for something that I can simply plug into the USB slot in my radio, and then be able to listen to music and other things like Google maps over the car speakers, plan on driving back to CT from TX in a few months, this would be super useful.

Thanks in advance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38