What keyboard are you using for your S6?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey for at least two years, starting back when it was a paid app. It has everything you need and more, plus extra customized themes to match almost anything you use. It has also included a number keys at the top for all over a year and was in Beta for at least another half year. Predictions are a little worse than a year ago, but still better then most out there.

If you've tried the rest, now try the best. I highly recommend it.

Posted via the Android Central App

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
I use the Goggle keyboard also. I used Swiftkey for a few years on all the phones that I've had, but I've found that I like the Google keyboard better now. It's predictions are dead on right for me. Swiftkey not so much

Fred

joemontana

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I love my Swype kb! Press a key, you have a number row on top.
Swype from the info key to the number 4 or 5, you have a numeric keypad.
Swype from the info key one key to the right, you have arrow keys.
Frankly, I couldn't care less about what my kb looks like, I don't want to waste time on customization just to make it look nice.
I care about function!

Joe
Kalispell, MT
Verizon, 64g galaxy s6

buris456

May 21, 2015
Visit site
You have in the market a lot of keyboard app... i use that one swiftkey keyboard.
There is a new app WiseaApp i found cool apps over there.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Google's keyboard is the fastest, best layout and never lags. Tried Swiftkey for a while and I don't think it's as good.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Using the Google keyboard currently, was using Swiftkey, had for years actually. However Swiftkey gotten slow and really bloated.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

yoopermjm

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried fleksy and I might put more effort into learning it, but I can't get the number row to appear at the top like someone upstream did. I use the stock samsung simply because the number row is always at the top and it can swype.
If someone can tell me how to put the number row at the top of the fleksy keyboard (and the google keyboard if that's possible) I'd appreciate it.

M Stuart

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm using swype. I like its accurate predictions and the gestures/shortcuts. I'd wish it had a dedicated number row though. It's been requested for ages and still nothing.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure why someone said SwiftKey is bloated, it's as fast as the stock or Google keyboards.

Can't beat the custom themes either.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

Attachments

• 13372.jpg
    13372.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 63
  • 13371.jpg
    13371.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 13370.jpg
    13370.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 13369.jpg
    13369.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 63

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why someone said SwiftKey is bloated, it's as fast as the stock or Google keyboards.

Can't beat the custom themes either.

I made the statement, and Swiftkey used to be fast. But with the themes and page after ridiculous page of settings it has gotten laggy. Google keyboard is much faster, Swiftkey is often slow to open and stutters

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I made the statement, and Swiftkey used to be fast. But with the themes and page after ridiculous page of settings it has gotten laggy. Google keyboard is much faster, Swiftkey is often slow to open and stutters

Really haven't noticed any lag on my device or the previous androids I've owned using swiftkey.
I'm gonna check out the Google keyboard just to see if I notice any difference.

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Really haven't noticed any lag on my device or the previous androids I've owned using swiftkey.
I'm gonna check out the Google keyboard just to see if I notice any difference.

I did forget to say that u was running the Swiftkey beta so maybe the play store version is better?

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
For me, Ive used Swiftkey for a few years, but just in the last 3 weeks or so have switched to the Google keyboard and like it much better.
For me (YMMV) the predictions and word learning are much better now than on the Swiftkey keyboard.

Fred

whitezee10

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Using stock keyboard, has the comma on the left side of the spacebar, period in the right.

Attachments

• 13649.jpg
    13649.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 56

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Google Keyboard was the best for learning my swiping pattern and word prediction.

dreaming of electric sheep