What keyboard are you using for your S6?

usmdesigner

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
I don't really have problems with the keyboard that is given except one. The Comma is not on the front screen. I really hate haven't to choose an alt screen for something that is used more than a period sometimes for me. (since the period auto fills in if you hit double space)

I went here: (sorry, this site wont let me post links yet)

androidcentralcom/best-alternative-keyboards-samsung-galaxy-s6

It doesn't look like any of these offer it as well.

Just wanted to see if anyone else is annoyed by this as well, or has a solution they use without having to find another keyboard.

Tim Caldwell

May 13, 2015
Visit site
SWIPE ... although the version of SWIPE on the S6 is not as efficient as the one installed on my previous android. Other than that, I use the TouchWiz stock keyboard when necessary.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
OMG, as if there's even a debate here. Swiftkey is BY FAR the best keyboard one can use. Layout is amazingly customizable, themes are great and word prediction is best in the business. There really is no competition.

carter79

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm still trying to find the 'one' I like the standard one but the colours are awful.. Just been messing around with Nova.. Samsung themes and my own backgrounds.. Just wish I could edit the keyboard.. But I'll have a look at Swiftkey for sure

Posted via the Android Central App

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
In general I would agree that Swiftkey is the best. However recently Swiftkey's prediction seems to have gotten pretty bad. It will suggest strange words that I would not likely use. On the other hand I'm finding the Samsung keyboard just as bad.

However, my Samsung standard keyboard does have the comma just to the left of the space bar like most other keyboards. Not sure what the OP is talking about.

--
Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?

leebut

Jun 27, 2015
Visit site
In general I would agree that Swiftkey is the best. However recently Swiftkey's prediction seems to have gotten pretty bad. It will suggest strange words that I would not likely use. On the other hand I'm finding the Samsung keyboard just as bad.

However, my Samsung standard keyboard does have the comma just to the left of the space bar like most other keyboards. Not sure what the OP is talking about.

--
Should there be smoke coming out of my cpu?

Yep, comma next to the space bar.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey for the win, hands down.
Great prediction, allows swipe, and it's very customizable. I have the Material Light skin in use, and sometimes I use the Material Dark for a change.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not feeling swiftkey like most people. I prefer Fleksy by a long shot. For me it's just a better way of typing. Gesture based swipes and fast typing. I totally get why swiftkey is regarded as the best but personally I much prefer Fleksy. Plus I got it themed to match my material theme on the S6 which is a bonus :)

2015-07-10 19.01.29.jpg

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm not feeling swiftkey like most people. I prefer Fleksy by a long shot. For me it's just a better way of typing. Gesture based swipes and fast typing. I totally get why swiftkey is regarded as the best but personally I much prefer Fleksy. Plus I got it themed to match my material theme on the S6 which is a bonus :)

View attachment 185992

Did someone say "matching"? ;)

Attachments

• 1436558504933.jpg
    1436558504933.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 89
  • 1436558519151.jpg
    1436558519151.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 1436558528458.jpg
    1436558528458.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 88

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

In all seriousness though, I like using keyboards that show all the punctuation keys (set for long press of letters... and I set the length of a long press to much shorter than the default, around 275ms). My favourite thing about fleksy was the invisible keyboard. Muscle memory is remarkable!

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I've always used Google keyboard on all of my phones until I got the s6. I finally stuck with the Samsung keyboard from the get go and I've grown to prefer it.

I deal with numeric codes a lot so the numbers always being at the top is such a nice thing. It is swype enabled if you choose so. (Google keyboard is better with swype) Prediction is well, not the best but it gets the job done with little to no mistakes.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
In all seriousness though, I like using keyboards that show all the punctuation keys (set for long press of letters... and I set the length of a long press to much shorter than the default, around 275ms). My favourite thing about fleksy was the invisible keyboard. Muscle memory is remarkable!

Makes sense. That's the beauty of Android, you can get it setup the way you want it. You're other post made me chuckle haha. I left myself open for that one lol

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense. That's the beauty of Android, you can get it setup the way you want it. You're other post made me chuckle haha. I left myself open for that one lol

I couldn't agree more! :) Haha, I figured you had a good sense of humour. I added the homescreen shot to explain the background in the messaging screenshot, it's not just random! Matching!! I should probably just leave that out and change the wallpaper to white for the sake of these next time, haha.

I've always used Google keyboard on all of my phones until I got the s6. I finally stuck with the Samsung keyboard from the get go and I've grown to prefer it.

I deal with numeric codes a lot so the numbers always being at the top is such a nice thing. It is swype enabled if you choose so. (Google keyboard is better with swype) Prediction is well, not the best but it gets the job done with little to no mistakes.

Yeah, I didn't turn on the number row at the top until ... a couple months ago, I think. Having it there makes things much more efficient, now that I can compare the different experiences.

linebusy

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I mis-hit keys more than ever with the Samsung keyboard. I do like the auto-correct. (really, it's a necessity since I cannot land on the buttons properly) Auto-correct only goes so far, though. Just this week I switched to swype and like typing on it better. Only problem is, it doesn't auto-correct... if you hit space, it leaves the misspelled or mistyped word in place.

Jamez Avila

Banned
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey is king! All others just do not compete in terms of learning your typing patterns and habits. Good selection of themes to choose from as well as keyboard layouts.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S6

dmarcus48

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm using SwiftKey, been using it for a couple of years. I've tested almost every keyboard that comes out and always go back to SwiftKey.

Zoostation

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm using the Google keyboard. I was using the built in version of Swype and had a very hard time with it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ugo