Update Sprint

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Checked to see if anything was available and an update started downloading. I'll let you know what it is once it's done. uploadfromtaptalk1440510693189.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

anon(9099462)

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
It seems to have the LTE signal as well at least for me. And the LTE signal icon actually is different. Though I gotta say I'm not a fan of the new icons at all. Looks like I'll be switching to Nova again.

BioFanatic

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well you're not missing out on much though. Hopefully they won't be as slow with M.

That's the real concern. If they're taking this long for a small update on a phone that's still fairly new, I can't imagine how long it will take to get Marshmallow when this one is that much older...

Ron Damato

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Yeah is quite worrisome. Have pushed the patch for the stagefright bug?

They did that last week in Chi. For Shellshock.

There was an OTA for my S6 tonight at about 1815CST. Believe it was under 295MB.

It went to the green Droid screen for a bit, then rebooted and stayed on the yellow Spark splashscreen (Sprint) for a LONG time. After optimizing all of my apps it started up, did a profile and prl upgrade, restarted, and worked.

I noticed two things immediately: one, Samsung Pay is now on the phone, but not active. If you run it you get a "Wow! This does THIS! Soon!" screen.

The next thing I noticed was that the Spark icon is gone. Period. I talked to a Tier III engineer who finally was able to tell me that my handset was using band 41, so Spark was up...the Spark icon has been replaced by a triangular "bar graph" with "LTE" in tiny letters over it. I was wondering WTF because I get EXCELLENT Spark service here. I got PISSED for a bit.

Did a speed test at 7CST, getting 35-39M down and 8-10 up, so, basically Spark speeds. I just think that Sprint had no idea how to advertise Spark so they decided to go with "we have the fastest 4glte!" In 4 cities! Who knows?

The "spinning sun" icon is gone though. And trust me, until researching I was PISSED because I can't get RatCast cable internet which is the only reason I go with Sprint as my provider... I have a local base antenna that's only 40% saturated on-peak with Spark traffic. And at $80/mo unlimited I NEVER use less than 15GB/day. I laugh at Verizon with their paltry 10G/mo plans. I'd use that by 10am THE FIRST PLAN DAY.

It's all good though. Phone works OK. My voice provider issue from my Gear is gone and...wth...I'm coding all night so I hard reset the phone for the hell of it.

Just wanted you all to know because this seriously freaked me.

Peace!

DocRon

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
But overall it actually got a lot batter lol

Posted via the Android Central App

I used to be able to go all day with little to no use. Now, i get half a day, 12 hours at most. Yes i cleared cache and etc. I thought it would settle down but nope.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I miss the spinning spark thing. I do like that the lte signal bar takes up less space on the notification bar.

jedson01

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
The new signal bar makes it look like my signal strength is so much better. In areas where it used to look like a barely had any signal I now have a strong signal. Did this update do anything to fix signal strength or is this a smoke & mirrors thing to make me think the signal is stronger (or maybe wasn't so weak before)?