Deleted photos from files, can I get them back? How?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you backing up your pictures to a cloud service (if not, you really should be! It's free!)? If you are, your pictures should be safe in the cloud backup, but if not, unless you had a backup somewhere else, you can't get them back unless you use a 3rd party file recovery app and it will attempt to recover deleted files, but those aren't always successful (actually they're most likely not to recover than recover them... ). Sorry :(

Mannikon

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Sadly, I think the answer is no, you won't be able to recover them (hope I'm wrong and someone jumps in with a solution).
To prevent future problems get a cloud backup system going - plenty of free options.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on the service you want to use, but in general the set up is the same. Go to the app of your choosing (Google Photos, Dropbox, OneDrive, etc.), open the Settings and set up Camera Upload. That way everything in your camera folder will get backed up. Some apps, like Photos, will also give you the option to backup other folders.

I prefer Photos because as long as you are OK with it storing up to 16MP pictures and re-scaling larger ones to that (most phones don't have over 16MP anyway, and in my case I always shoot at lower resolutions than the maximum as I'm not in any hurry to print billboard ads :p), storage is free and unlimited, whereas in services like Dropbox or OneDrive, those files will count against your storage quota. Amazon's service, if you have Prime, also gives you unlimited, full-res storage, but the moment you stop paying for Prime, the storage becomes blocked.

pailisjano30

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
I use dropbox and it is very easy to use. After signing in, click on Photos in the sidebar on the left.
Select the photos and videos you want to add. A blue border and checkmark will appear on each selection. Click the Add to album... button at the top of the screen.
Choose the album you want to add the photos to.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch