Phone Doesn't Give Estimated Charging Time

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Something is definitely suss with my battery or what it is reading. I took it off the charger and it immediately became 98%. Then it became 96%. I put it back on the charger and my phone isn't giving an estimated charging time. Wtf...

Attachments

• 1442263580369.jpg
    1442263580369.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 1442263592275.jpg
    1442263592275.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 21

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Spoke to both Samsung and Telstra. They told me I need to bring my phone into my local Telstra shop to have it sent off to be looked at. Actually Samsung were useless and told me I needed to get the proof of purchase even though my phone is on contract. It was Telstra that told me I needed to do that. Samsung also told me that there might be charges for the repair. I was like "are you kidding me? It's a problem with the battery so I would love to know how it is my fault and your phone is supposed to come with a twelve month warranty". It was finally the last straw yesterday when I took it off the charger and it immediately dropped to 98 and then 96. Always being at 98 every time I could handle. But immediately dropping down to 96 is ridiculous

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Good luck hopefully they don't charge you for a hardware issue...let us know what happens. I had no issues dealing with my carrier for a swap, you shouldn't either. If there's any expenses the carrier should cover them, especially since the device is still very new.

Posted via the Android Central App

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
Good luck hopefully they don't charge you for a hardware issue...let us know what happens. I had no issues dealing with my carrier for a swap, you shouldn't either. If there's any expenses the carrier should cover them, especially since the device is still very new.

Posted via the Android Central App

Samsung were literally completely and utterly useless. They kept telling me I would need to get a proof of purchase for their technicians to even take a look at my phone even though I repeatedly told them that I don't have a proof of purchase as my phone is on a contract. Like what the hell. They told me that they wouldn't even look at my phone without it. I said I didn't appreciate the fact that they were making me run around for them and jump through hoops just to get a phone that wasn't functioning correctly checked out. I said I had gone with Samsung and that I had never had such ridiculous issues with apple when I had had my phone with them and they should want to be the ones to help me and not the other way around. The fact that they told me that I may have to pay for the phone to be fixed when it's a battery issue and I have only had the phone four months is ridiculous. So much for a twelve month warranty

drone3

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Samsung were literally completely and utterly useless. They kept telling me I would need to get a proof of purchase for their technicians to even take a look at my phone even though I repeatedly told them that I don't have a proof of purchase as my phone is on a contract. Like what the hell. They told me that they wouldn't even look at my phone without it. I said I didn't appreciate the fact that they were making me run around for them and jump through hoops just to get a phone that wasn't functioning correctly checked out. I said I had gone with Samsung and that I had never had such ridiculous issues with apple when I had had my phone with them and they should want to be the ones to help me and not the other way around. The fact that they told me that I may have to pay for the phone to be fixed when it's a battery issue and I have only had the phone four months is ridiculous. So much for a twelve month warranty

I went to the Telstra store last week and told them I keep missing calls when I'm on 4g but my data works fine. The Telstra guys were actually really good and offered me a temporary replacement device so they can ship it to Samsung to get it fixed. My problem is I got the phone straight from Samsung so I couldn't even take them up on the offer. The thought of dealing directly with Samsung makes me puke.

dreaming of electric sheep

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
I went to the Telstra store last week and told them I keep missing calls when I'm on 4g but my data works fine. The Telstra guys were actually really good and offered me a temporary replacement device so they can ship it to Samsung to get it fixed. My problem is I got the phone straight from Samsung so I couldn't even take them up on the offer. The thought of dealing directly with Samsung makes me puke.

dreaming of electric sheep

Samsung have no idea what they are doing when it comes to customer support. It makes me miss the days when my daily driver was my iPhone six plus. Apple are by far and none the BEST customer care phone company out there. I remember one time I was charged twice for an app. I contacted apple about it and within 24 hours I had a response from them telling me I had been charged twice because the first time I was being charged to make sure I had money in my account. They told me the money would be refunded to me. Sure enough it was. When they hadn't heard back from me they contacted me themselves asking me if my issue had been resolved.

I now have another problem with my phone. It doesn't work as a portable hotspot. It is recognised by the computer but it won't connect to EITHER of my two laptops.

I am currently downloading the Telstra software because obviously I will want to give them back my phone for them to look at with the Telstra firmware and not the XSA

Last edited:

razza1987

Banned
May 16, 2015
Visit site
My phone was just 100% for the first time in weeks upon soon after being charged. I just got a new update for my phone so maybe that's why?