S5 vs. S6 - Camera & Battery Life

Nopnuts

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I am getting a new device and need to decide between the Galaxy S5 and S6. The cost difference for me isn't big either way.....the S5 would cost $149.99 and the S6 would be $199.99. My main draw to the S6 is the camera (I have heard great things) and my main concern is the battery life. Can anyone who has used both devices offer an insight in terms of which one they would choose? I have read different opinions and keep hearing that S5 users are disappointed when they switch over to the S6 which makes me think that the S5 is somehow the better choice but I'm torn. I am not into gaming, nor am I a very technical person so the phone would mainly be used for pictures, emails and internet browsing.

rpboronat

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
I have had all the Galaxy S until my actual S6 Edge.

The difference between batteries in my experience are more or less the same but in the S5 I used the 3500 mAh one. That battery really makes the difference but the S6 Edge is great in photos, the screen, fluidly and very beautiful.

To forget the problems with the battery I have bougth two wireless chargers. One for my Office and another one for my bedroom. I have no problems now. It doesn't mind about the battery cause if I have to change it, it costs me 70€.

The S6 Edge is the best phone I ever had.

linuxalien

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
The battery life is average on mine. It does have two levels of battery saving mode though. I've read you can turn off location history or the function itself and the ability to voice activate Google now from anywhere and it saves you battery. There's an app that round off every other pixel or so to save battery or Lux to dim the screen, or dimly does the same. But I carry an external battery though for cheap there's cases with built in batteries that cash charge the phone without need of lugging around a separate gadget. But yeah there's ways around the battery issues that are reasonable. Just look on Amazon and read reviews. There's more than one company I think making battery cases. But yeah, I love mine.

Posted via the Android Central App

engineeryajeeb

May 21, 2014
Visit site
If you are just a casual user (Regular photo taking, social networks, sms, call) get the s6

If you are really into hardcore usage, better of get an s5 or note4 as it offers removable batteries and micro sd card.

S5 is also great due to its water resistance.

But having used both, i dont regret having the S6. Battery is a little step down from the S5 but it will still last you a day. Fast charging and wireless charging are also great on the newer device. Camera is miles ahead when it comes to Low light shooting. Selfie camera is also miles ahead from the S5.

So i think, get the S6 (More resilient, futureproof, new features)

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
There is no comparison between the two I think. Besides the battery life, the S6 is better than the s5 in every single department.

Beautiful hardware. Fast software. Has never been the case before with Samsung. Until now.

I hated Samsung. I love Samsung.

Plus, s6 battery works just fine for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non