Battery Protection

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I came across this while watching a tips and tricks video. As someone that works hard to preserve the battery, these are nice options to have. I am lucky enough to be close to a charger most of the day, so to preserve my battery life I try not to charge it past 85%, so the max 80% charging limit works perfectly for my needs. Thought I would share for others that were not aware of these settings.

1000058310.jpg

Reactions: Laura Knotek

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I have always charged my phones over night to 100% and then stayed at 100% till I wake up. But on this one being it's so expensive I plan on keeping it for more than 2 years. So Now i am using the Adaptive setting where it charges to 80% while I am sleeping and tops off to 100% before i wake up. So far it's working pretty good. I also have fast charging turned off since it is charging over night I have no need for fast wireless charging.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I like that feature I’ve never had luck with battery with any of my phones I can’t wait to upgrade and have that feature available
I use it but it also makes me laugh when "people" complain that "they kept the same size battery as last year...wah, wah, wah, whine... and then they turn on this feature anyway thereby making their battery SMALLER by choice! Can't win! But it is a great feature. Their tablets stop at 85%...wonder why?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I have always charged my phones over night to 100% and then stayed at 100% till I wake up. But on this one being it's so expensive I plan on keeping it for more than 2 years. So Now i am using the Adaptive setting where it charges to 80% while I am sleeping and tops off to 100% before i wake up. So far it's working pretty good. I also have fast charging turned off since it is charging over night I have no need for fast wireless charging.
I wasn't aware of this setting. With my previous phone I created a Bixby routine which did the same thing and I'm currently running it on my S24U

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I use it but it also makes me laugh when "people" complain that "they kept the same size battery as last year...wah, wah, wah, whine... and then they turn on this feature anyway thereby making their battery SMALLER by choice! Can't win! But it is a great feature. Their tablets stop at 85%...wonder why?
There tablets stop at 85% because they haven't been updated yet. Is it really hard to understand that there are people who want to protect their battery, but also want more battery life? If battery is limited to 80%, you still get an extra 800mAh with a 6000mAh battery over a 5000mAh battery.)

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I like that feature I’ve never had luck with battery with any of my phones I can’t wait to upgrade and have that feature available
I kept my S22U topped off almost all of the time, not knowing that that was a huge no no, so when the S23U came out, I upgraded if for no other reason (although I did want a new phone, lol) to restart the battery life of my phone.

Now my S23U still has a quality battery since I babied it and didn't top it off except at night, but I still upgraded to the S24U, but it was still nice this time around to actually have a choice on whether to upgrade or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter